Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 99' Deluxe geared for a great price. Paint needs a little work and am considering a new paint job. Just wondering if the rear dropouts are easily replaced with some sweet verticle sub 11s before the repaint? Dont really need or want a gearie. Put it on e-bay or send it to someone for SS droputs?
Wade

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm sending a '98 Deluxe off to Steve Stickel as soon as it arrives next week. He's going to be throwing on some Paragon trackends. Should be sweet and I'm sure he'd be happy to do the same for you!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can I get in touch with steve?

a nice cake said:
I'm sending a '98 Deluxe off to Steve Stickel as soon as it arrives next week. He's going to be throwing on some Paragon trackends. Should be sweet and I'm sure he'd be happy to do the same for you!
How much? How long? and who does the repaint?Thanks!
Wade

·
Registered
148 Posts
Corky3 said:
I think paragon make IF's dropouts anyway...... why not ask them to do the work/respray?
IF does use Paragon's but they won't do frame modifications, claiming it to be prohibitively expensive.

Steve quoted me $125 for just the drops and some primer, with a very short turn around (he fits them in bertween frames.) He could repaint, but wasn't too keen on it. I'll just rattle can mine for the meantime, and then send it off to a professional powdercoater in the winter.

·
Registered
215 Posts
dropouts

just another thought for you. Wade @ vulturecycles.com or Gene Spicer @ spicercycles.com both do EBB conversions in the $100-150 range.

·
Registered
729 Posts
how bout...

John Holland he is a frame builder in Reisterstown MD .He brazed a drop out on a frame for me once and did a dandy job .He can also can get it painted for ya as well.Peace!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
SSweetleaf said:
John Holland he is a frame builder in Reisterstown MD .He brazed a drop out on a frame for me once and did a dandy job .He can also can get it painted for ya as well.Peace!

Stop trying to talk him out of it, please. Jeeze, I gotta eat, too;)

(I do paint, but am thinking about out-sourcing that part of the process, due to health concerns.)

Steve

·
Registered
427 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of what the Paragon horizontal dropouts look like?
Can someone post contact info for Steve Stickel (or is D.F.L. Steve) ?

I'm in the same boat -- geared Deluxe I might like to convert, but want horizontal dropouts rather than an e.b.b.

Also, I guess you can no longer get replacement decal sets from Independent. I guess they had some problems with people trying to sell fake I.F.'s. So, you have to send it back to them if you want it repainted & stickered up. Think they'll mind if I have someone do the drops and have them do the repaint?

Thanks!

·
Lazy People Suck
767 Posts
CJones said:
Does anyone have a pic of what the Paragon horizontal dropouts look like?
Can someone post contact info for Steve Stickel (or is D.F.L. Steve) ?

I'm in the same boat -- geared Deluxe I might like to convert, but want horizontal dropouts rather than an e.b.b.

Also, I guess you can no longer get replacement decal sets from Independent. I guess they had some problems with people trying to sell fake I.F.'s. So, you have to send it back to them if you want it repainted & stickered up. Think they'll mind if I have someone do the drops and have them do the repaint?

Thanks!
Steve's email is [email protected]. Yes, D.F.L. is Steve Stickel. I have 2 ByStickel frames and I recommend his work highly. He does a great job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts