Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
i dont see why it wouldnt fit ? theres plenty of space around the shock area to fit it.

i had one for about year, nt with a vivid air, but tried several other shocks on it, and none had issues being fitted.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not own a frame yet, so I cannot take measurements. I just want to make sure it can seat in place without getting hung up on the linkage. Right now I'm just looking into it as an option. I live in the States so the bos is not an option for me.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Petrolbomb1018 said:
On Morewood's website, it says the Kalula runs a 9.5x3 in shock. On Rockshox's website, it says the vivid air comes in a 9.5x3 in length. I believe that's your answer.
Im pretty sure the OP means is there enough room for the shock to move without hitting the frame ...

Are you saying people in the states cant get mail? :

http://boutique.bosmtb.com/

Like Mo(n)arch said , the BOS would be a MUCH better option... People dont seem to realize how BIG of a difference having a custom valved shock makes on a bike....The Vivid air is...less than stellar to say the least, I wouldnt even put it up against a stock RC4 or even a regular Vivid ( which isnt a great shock to start with )

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tuumbaq said:
Im pretty sure the OP means is there enough room for the shock to move without hitting the frame ...

Are you saying people in the states cant get mail? :

http://boutique.bosmtb.com/

Like Mo(n)arch said , the BOS would be a MUCH better option... People dont seem to realize how BIG of a difference having a custom valved shock makes on a bike....The Vivid air is...less than stellar to say the least, I wouldnt even put it up against a stock RC4 or even a regular Vivid ( which isnt a great shock to start with )
That's exactly what I meant. Thanks. I heard that no one in the states services BOS shocks. I guess if I went coil, I would just do a ccdb. Haven't much experience with BOS. I'm just in early stages of looking, so it's really just info gathering. Thanks for the heads up on BOS though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I am looking at my kalula right now, and I see no reason that Vivid air would not fit.
If you are still considering shock options, I can tell you that the CCDB is really dialed on that bike. Just be prepared if you get a coil shock that you are going to have to run a really light spring. I am 170lbs, and run a 200 pound spring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.