Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
just 1 more
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the mid 90s I lusted after a Breezer Lightening but just couldn't swing one. Loved the retro paint scheme. Anyone here have a Breezer problem? Got pics?

·
just 1 more
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot about the Beamer with the Softride beam! Never knew the Hodaka connection either, I rode Hodakas back in the day. This feels like a sickness coming on and since I had to leave my 85 Schwinn Sierra behind when we moved there's a hole in the lineup.

·
bikespotter
108 Posts
bushpig said:
Turns out the paint wasn't as robust as one might like, but still...
Damn right,
I got a NOS 1997 storm from Italy and I'm sure every time I see it in the shed it an new chip appears :mad: ,
Its like I looked at it too hard or something :confused:

But I do have to say the paint scheme is a class finish.

Catalogs here ;) https://www.mtb-kataloge.de/html/breezer.html

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
ScottyMTB said:
Work in progress. I need a 1" threadless stem that is shorter and higher, or get one of those adapter sleeves and a 1 1/8" threadless.

I have a control tech 10 degree 120 mm in 1" black decent condition non removable faceplate if you wanna trade it for something.

Will

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
ScottyMTB said:
That is way cool with those bars. Is that a coaster brake? Modern?
I actually no longer remember who made the bars. They're alloy, though. As for the coaster brake, that's probably the most valuable part of the bike and is a beefy aluminum unit from Suntour. It's the only one I've ever seen and doesn't fade even after multiple descents on the Downieville downhill course. :)

A front view of the bars:

A couple closeups of the Suntour hub:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.