Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
Interesting development, for certain.
I have the opportunity to travel I-70 thru western KS often, and have noticed a unusual number of road side searches being conducted on east bound traffic, I mean 3 KS patrol cars, trunk and all doors open on the target car and the yard sale scattering of contents on the side of the road.
In my many years of driving across various parts of the country, I can only recall seeing something like, maybe 3 times in 25 yrs of driving. Just since 1/1/14, I have passed 7 KS road side searches underway, more than a couple with individuals resting against the hood in handcuffs. I did note CO tags on several, but could not confirm all were CO tagged vehicles.
I think we may have a bullseye on us, traveling in Border States now, with our CO plates. Wonder what kind of vehicle profiling they will start using to pull us out of the pack?

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
What is today's date? Oh yeah, April 1st...
Oh, got it.......

but my observations on KS I-70 are still valid, and for the record, I do not partake and glad I don't drive a sketcy van or a "Boulder CO bumper sticker covered subaru".

:)

·
<100%
683 Posts
Just got new plates today. Asked the clerk for the "Legalized!" plate option....she said they would not be available for 19 more days.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I almost shat me pants whilst reading that... Good joke, mainly because it absolutely COULD happen.

On topic:

We were there 2 weekends ago and it was beautiful! Got as far as the campsite on LPS and Amasa Back and Mag7 were great.

I have another trip planned for last weekend in April. After that it's plain too hot to go there.. And lift service opens in May :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts