Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got relatives in the area, and if there's any interest in a ride there, I might drive on up, do the ride and visit w/ them after.

Any takers? We could do the Donner Trail, too... :cool:

fp

·
time to climb
239 Posts
I'll ride with you Finch. Got a new Badger with only 2 rides on it so far. I'm still getting used to it and could use some HITG miles. What time? 9:00am Fire Station? I can make just about any time as long as I know in advance.
Paulie

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paulie said:
I'll ride with you Finch. Got a new Badger with only 2 rides on it so far. I'm still getting used to it and could use some HITG miles. What time? 9:00am Fire Station? I can make just about any time as long as I know in advance.
Paulie
What the hell is a Badger?

I've got another guy interested. Let me firm it up & post in this space. 9 sounds good to me, tho. Any earlier and I might as well not go to bed the night before. :p

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Oooooh!

Paulie said:
That's f++n funny . . . what's a Badger? see thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=321363

I'll check back with you tomorrow to see who wants to ride.
Paulie
That is a purty thang! but...dang that lil euro lookin seat has gotta be murder at a place like HITG. A carbon fiber seat post and a nice comfy seat would do ya good. not as sleek lookin but it might save yer ass:p

hope you guys have fun. my days are taken this weekend so I am doing a night ride in Auburn on Saturday.....followed by....beer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm in. 9 works perfect for me but let me know when you firm up a time.

I'll be coming from Sac area if anyone wants to carpool.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, here we go:

Directions are easy: 80 to Soda Springs exit (the exit just before Boreal). At the stop sign, kind of go right (don't go left over the freeway). Just after you make this "right," there will be a gas station on the left, then a huge parking lot between it & the Summit restaurant. Park in this lot. Our cars will be safer here than the area near the fire station, as there have been breakins there.

I'm going to shoot for getting there at 8:30 & START THE RIDE at 9.

Madturtle, you're on your own as far as the carpool goes, sorry. Hopefully, someone will read these posts and be wanting to hook up w/ you.

Looks like we'll do HitG the "right" way, hitting the Donner trail and riding it for a ways, if not to the end, then backtrack & finish the HitG trail. I'll be anxious to find out the mileage, on both Donner and the whole ride, so does anyone have a bike computer they'll be bringing?

fp

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hole in the Ground miliage...

Finch Platte said:
Looks like we'll do HitG the "right" way. I'll be anxious to find out the mileage, on both Donner and the whole ride fp
A loop of Hole in the ground is a little less than 17 miles. I'd really like to go, but I'm still broken. I miss the dirt!! Here's a MotionBased link for the standard loop of HITG: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3091219 :thumbsup:

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
madturtle said:
See y'all then. Thanks for getting this shabang going.
I did all the work, you bring the beer. :p

·
time to climb
239 Posts
Just found out several other of the MadCat crew will be there (same prkng spot) as early as 8:00am, and plan on moving out between 8:30 & 9. (it's probably going to be hot) I should roll in there around same time; earlier the better. See ya there. :cool:
Paulie

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Paulie said:
Just found out several other of the MadCat crew will be there (same prkng spot) as early as 8:00am, and plan on moving out between 8:30 & 9. (it's probably going to be hot) I should roll in there around same time; earlier the better. See ya there. :cool:
Paulie
Sh!t, if I'm leaving at 6 a.m. to get there at 8:30, I can't imagine what time fourarm's leaving. :eek:

Yeah, earlier the better sounds like a good idea. We'll see. :thumbsup:

fp

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
623 Posts
Map

Finch Platte said:
Sh!t, if I'm leaving at 6 a.m. to get there at 8:30, I can't imagine what time fourarm's leaving. :eek:

Yeah, earlier the better sounds like a good idea. We'll see. :thumbsup:

fp
If you look at the map, the distance from Stockton is not that different than from 4/680. I just have to pay the 4 bucks...

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And now, for some pics.

Pt. 1

fourarm and I showed up to an empty Summit parking lot, probably around 8:10-8:15? We got ready, and slowly butt Shirley, folks started dragging in. Mad Cat guys and gal, Paulie, and others. No sign of madturtle (Matt), and as Paul and I were champing at the bit at 8:50, we decided to roll. Had we waited for a few more minutes, we could have ridden w/ Matt, who showed up just after we left, apparently. Sorry again, Matt.

So fourarm, Paulie and myself rode on. We started on the HitG trail, and cut over to do the Donner Rim Trail. As soon as we reached Summti Lake and attempted to press on, we found that the trail turned into fire-roadie moon dust. Very unpleasant. Saddened, disheartened and (insert adjective here), we turned around and rode the Donner Trail back out & jumped onto the HitG trail, where the pictures may tell the story of a ride gone good.

fp

Aside, there is something going on with me & the altitude, and it's pissing me off. It seems as though each time I go up to altitude, I have to walk more & more. WTF? I guess I need to ride more during the week to get more miles under my belt, is all. Bummer. :thumbsup:

Aside, pt. II. Check these guys out. I listened to them on the way home. If you like stop/start sh!t along the lines of Coheed & Cambria, w/ weirdo vocals like Geddy Lee and C & C, you may like this.

Attachments

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pics, Pt. II.

Re: pic #3. DUCK Paul, DUCK!!! Yer blockin' my view!! :mad: Crimimey!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts