Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Tame the Penguin!
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a new '12 Fox Float for my Turner Sultan. I found a Fox dealer willing to offer a volume discount for a group order of Fox forks. The dealer is willing to offer a discounted pricing structure for 4-6 forks purchased simultaneously and then a deeper discount for 7+ forks purchased simultaneously.

The dealer is willing to offer any '12 model Fox fork that is available for shipment from Fox (inventory at Fox varies). We'd just need to have at least 4 members make their purchase at the same time to get the initial discount pricing.

All sales will be handled through the dealer....as they will collect the funds and ship the forks directly to those who purchase them. All warranties will be valid as this would be through an Authorized Fox dealer. I'll hook everyone up with the dealer once we have our group together.

Pricing won't be shared in public.....PM me for pricing details. Let me know which fork you'd be interested in. This is only for Fox forks...not rear shocks. If anyone posts up the discounted pricing, I'll close the group buy.

Initially I'd like to leave this open until we get at least 4 buyers...but if we get more interest to where we think we can reach the 7+ level then I'd like to leave it open a bit longer before we'd place our order as a group.

Anyone interested?

:thumbsup:

--El Beastro

·
Team Velveeta™
3,079 Posts
Are 2012 models the ones shown on FoxRacingShox.com?

I've been contemplating upgrading my Fox Fork Float-R (130mm) on my 05 Kona Dawg. If I did some measurements would I be able to see what Forks would work on my bike? Let me know!
Do you guys know if the newest models are what shows on the Fox website right now? Gotta know what I'd be getting to know whether I care about replacing my current Rock Shox Fjork right now...

·
Tame the Penguin!
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been contemplating upgrading my Fox Fork Float-R (130mm) on my 05 Kona Dawg. If I did some measurements would I be able to see what Forks would work on my bike? Let me know!
Sure...let me know which fork you'd be interested in:

FOX / Bike / Forks

If you need to consult with a professional as to what fork would work best for your Dawg, PM me and I'll hook you up with the dealer we'll be buying through.

·
Tame the Penguin!
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you guys know if the newest models are what shows on the Fox website right now? Gotta know what I'd be getting to know whether I care about replacing my current Rock Shox Fjork right now...
The Fox website is current with their 2012 offerings:

FOX / Bike / Forks

Most all of the models are in stock and shipping from Fox....but we'll need to check on whichever model you are interested in to make sure it's available.

·
Tame the Penguin!
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ugh... El Beastro, looks like I can't even reply to your PM 'till I have 10 posts. Now a dilemma... do I spam 8 more posts here just so I can PM ya, or... can you PM me your email address and I'll send ya what my buddy is looking for?
I'll PM ya....

So far there is some healthy interest...so if 2/3rd of the members who have replied pull the trigger, we could get the 7+ pricing.

·
simple
665 Posts
Cool deal.

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Someone is gonna get screwed out of some $$. Hope it isn't you Beastro.

Then again I've had pretty good luck with group buys. They all went through the vendor though. Sounds like you are doing that so it could work out. :thumbsup:

·
Tame the Penguin!
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool deal.

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Someone is gonna get screwed out of some $$. Hope it isn't you Beastro.

Then again I've had pretty good luck with group buys. They all went through the vendor though. Sounds like you are doing that so it could work out. :thumbsup:
I've done quite a few Group Buys on the moto forums and have learned what works and what doesn't over the years.

No money passes through my hands....everything goes through the vendor. The hardest part is to get everyone to pay who commits so the order can go through....always seems to be a straggler holding up the show.

The vendor is factory direct and will be shipping forks directly to customers, so all warranties are applicable and any issues can be resolved by the dealer.

So far, there is quite a bit of interest....we might be able to pull the trigger next week on a 7+ qty group buy if we can get some commitment. Pricing looks sweet IMHO!

;)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
WIll it be OEM take off forks or true fox forks. I got a pro-form and ended up with a take off that did not have the kashima coating. I was not too happy and it was going to be a pain in the ass to return because i went through a few people to get it.

·
Tame the Penguin!
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WIll it be OEM take off forks or true fox forks. I got a pro-form and ended up with a take off that did not have the kashima coating. I was not too happy and it was going to be a pain in the ass to return because i went through a few people to get it.
New 2012 Fox forks.....NIB (new in box).....

·
Team Velveeta™
3,079 Posts
No 34-36 Float 29

The Fox website is current with their 2012 offerings:

FOX / Bike / Forks

Most all of the models are in stock and shipping from Fox....but we'll need to check on whichever model you are interested in to make sure it's available.
Thanks El Beastro, I don't think I'll be signing up. I'm a 29 rider. I don't really want to upgrade unless I can fatten my stanchions.

My Tomac Diplomat is a 5x5. The Float29 that goes to 34 is a 140mm. The 5" fork is still 32. I could sign up for a Talas29 to get 34, which would be killer since I could run 120 for normal. I think on the burly my bike would do OK with 140 since the ht angle is on the steep side, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with only that height. I don't really want to go the expensive and more complex Talas route to get travel adjustable. I have had great luck with a couple of Floats.

Thanks for putting this together though. Great idea.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.