Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Heathen
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same great ride, only slower!

Meet at IW. Start time about the same as the regular ride, though I can go much earlier. No post ride kareoke required. :D

I know Flyer is in for this. :yesnod:

Don't miss the opportunity to ride with two old slow guys at night on GM! Flyer could have a heart attack any day now and I'm not far behind. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Heathen
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are joining y'all. We just aren't going to try and keep up. Last time I made it out I thought I was going to pass out before we even got to the trail head. Like you said, it's about having fun.

Besides, I'm doing this to hopefully bring a few more peeps out to the ride. Years ago when I wasn't so slow, I was in the A group of a weekly ride. I had several friends that wouldn't go because they couldn't keep up. Once a B (and later C) group started, the ride size doubled.

·
Living the High Life
4,533 Posts
I believe what Jeremy is getting at is to just come and ride. Its not a race, its a ride. They wait for me when I show up;)

Oh, and I will be attending these again soon I promise.

·
Heathen
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yetigirl said:
Totally hear ya on the "B" and "C" group stuff -- its what I do with my Dirt Divas! :thumbsup: However, I've seen Flyer ride (and maybe you?) and you guys aren't shabby when it comes to climbing! I'd be in the "c" group for sure! :cool:
If you saw me ride in the summer, I may have been faster. The colder it gets, the slower I ride. I barely get out of the granny right now. :mad:

Come on out and bring the Diva's. We'll keep splitting all the way to the Z group if needed. :thumbsup:

·
Pivot Rider
1,088 Posts
TooManyToyz said:
If you saw me ride in the summer, I may have been faster. The colder it gets, the slower I ride. I barely get out of the granny right now. :mad:

Come on out and bring the Diva's. We'll keep splitting all the way to the Z group if needed. :thumbsup:
I'll put the word out to my Divas. Uhmmmm.... Scar -- IF you are gonna be there, would it be possible for the girls to demo lights? Just checkin.... :thumbsup: BTW, I won't be in attendance since I have a Dirt Divas Leadership Team meeting on Thursday nite. However, I have posted the ride so that if any of the girls want to ride, they can join you! :)

·
Now with 20% more fat!!
2,031 Posts
TooManyToyz.. I'm gonna do my best to be there... I have no choice but be bringing up the rear... If you feel like hanging back with me, that'd be a tad less embarrassing. Thanks in advance. lol

·
Heathen
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JSD303 said:
TooManyToyz.. I'm gonna do my best to be there... I have no choice but be bringing up the rear... If you feel like hanging back with me, that'd be a tad less embarrassing. Thanks in advance. lol
No worries. If I'm on the bike at all in these temps it's a good thing.

Besides, by posting that I want to start a B group ride, I now HAVE to show up. :D

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Hey, I'd be interested in going now that I finally got my light. Where are you guys meeting and at what time? I definitely am not in shape enough to keep up with the "A-Team", and I don't do so well in the cold either. So a nice relaxing ride without having to practically die to keep up sounds in order. Haha I'll probably even lag behind you guys.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.