Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
mtbr member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend is looking to purchase an AM/FR bike. Due to her height (i.e. lack of), finding a bike with a short top tube and LOW stand over is near impossible! To my complete surprise, the geometry of the SYREN (on paper) looks to be the perfect bike!
One problem: Neither of us has ever seen one.

Is there anyone living in So Cal who:
1) Owns a small Syren
2) Knows of someone who owns a small Syren
3) Knows of someone who would be willing to let her to simply "SIT" on the Syren

Stand over is her main concern. If the bike fits- she will purchase one!

* Special THANKS to Mike @ Transition Bikes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't live anywhere near SoCal (living in Calgary) but I am all 4'11 tall with a 29ish inseam and I just clear the top tube on a small. The geometry is perfect for me, for once I feel I can control my bike especially for DH. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Syren and my riding has progressed so much with it. I was concerned too about buying a bike that I couldn't sit on but if she's taller than me (I don't know anyone else who's smaller! LOL!) She will love it too. There are several of us on the forum who've purchased Syrens check it out in the women's lounge!! Happy shopping!

·
mtbr member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Believe it or not, she is 4'11". Haha!
She has spent time on many bikes (most recently a XS Rocky Mountain Slope Style).
The bike fit her well enough... The Syren may fit her better!

Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.