Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still trying to juggle my schedule for Saturday and Sunday....I was wondering who is heading out there this weekend. It's looking like I may be out there either Sunday mid-morning or a quickie in the late afternoon.

Looks like the weather is suppose to be cool and clear. Great biking weather!

Nick

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Tempting. I have a wedding and other crap this weekend. I'll see when folks are going and might get motivated.

·
Registered
353 Posts
How long will you ride?

impdude said:
I am hoping to be there Sat. morning. Leaving Boise about 9am. Who else?
Hey, Impdude -

Any idea what time you'd get back? I've never ridden out there and would really like to go with someone who knows where the heck they're going. Unfortunately I'm hosting a birthday party for one of my kids at 3:00.

HH

·
Rocks Rock
943 Posts
No problem

Double H said:
Hey, Impdude -

Any idea what time you'd get back? I've never ridden out there and would really like to go with someone who knows where the heck they're going. Unfortunately I'm hosting a birthday party for one of my kids at 3:00.

HH
If we ride longer you can always bail out and be back at the truck by 1pm.

·
just a man
1,865 Posts
Lemme know how that ride went out there boys.

8th street trails were great this morning. I did a solo double squish climb up Hulls and down, and it started snowing like mad when I got to the trails sign/turnaround. Tons of runners. For any of you single dudes - there were like 100 young ladies out there....get some running shoes?

Of course I forgot my goggles in the car...

·
Rocks Rock
943 Posts
Owyhees were great today.

Jack did you like that little snack I left on your bumper? How was NWP? I just raod up willson creek to bingo thru reynolds over the hump and screamed down the hill to the parking lot above the FL.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was out at Wilson Creek this afternoon for a couple of hours. After I got done with my ride, I do believe I saw Daryl's Hyundai out there so I left him a lil' note.

From the looks of the parking lots...LOTS of horses out there today. Probably a good dozen or so trailers. Even though in the past I have felt that Wilson Creek should be multiuse....I think I'm now in the camp that believe it should be off limits to motorized use.

Daryl --- I rode for a couple of mins on 500. I was gettin' a bit short on time so I didn't want to stay on it since I didn't know where it went. I'd definately like to do some more exploring on that one.

I haven't ridden as much out there as many of you guys here have over the past couple of years...but today I decided to head up up Reynolds Canyon since I've never ridden it and it seems like alot of you guys always hit it whenever you go out there. Now I know why you guys like it so much. Such a cool looking canyon. BUT DAMN......for this wuss I was a bit intimidated by the trail. If you accidently veer of the trail...the consequences can be very, very bad. And I was out there by myself so I really didn't want to risk it. So I turned around and headed back. What's the word I'm looking for when riding something like that....my balance was thrown off. I definately was puckering pretty good.

After leaving Reynolds Canyon, I headed back towards where I was parked. There were a couple of times when I zigged when I shoulda zagged so I ended up on some other trails that I wasn't too familiar with. But I did make it back safely. When I came out onto the main road, that's when I thought I saw Daryl's car in one of the parking lots. Man I hope it was Daryl's car.

And now some pix from the camera phone....

Yes I do ride with a teddy bear...

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Yep that was me. Hey, you got some pretty good pics with your camera phone, I like the sunlight you caught. Glad you had a good ride Nick

·
dirt enthusiast
182 Posts
quote~ "And I was out there by myself so I really didn't want to risk it." you werent out there by yourself! you had the nurse bear to help you out!! wtf?! :eek:ut:

quote~ "What's the word I'm looking for when riding something like that." pull yer balls out of yer purse and do it!! :thumbsup: its really not that bad. keep your eyes on the trail, instead of where you dont want to go. if you focus on the creek you'll have a better chance of swimming! it is good that you're cautious riding by yourself though.......

looks like it was a great day to be in the owyhees. the trails around here were squishy ~imagine that~ :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
I like the China Wall and Fred's Chute. It is my favorite part of riding out there....and of course trying to keep up with Surly. It is also fun to see that the 40+ club's affect one people.

·
******-fied facsimiles
399 Posts
hi Al!

glad to hear that you and georgezilla and the deamons had fun yesterday , as soon as we (georges cycles and fitness at our new location on fairview just NE of fivemile open feb 1) get in and settled, and I get days off again, we will have to get out on another 40# club ride, we don't go very fast, but we can go all day, and for this chix dig us.:ihih:

p.s. who the hells going to clean my bike!

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
I'll have to post a pic of the demons after the exorcism. They are way different. Almost normal, even.

As for the dirty bike, I can't help you there. Don't you know some gal to clean that off for you.:confused:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.