Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

As the title says - i've never heard of them, so i've obviously never dealt with them. Can anyone give me some experienced info? I'm looking for a new pair of shocks and if I don't deal with these guys then i'm going directly through the manufacturer, so i'd appreciate the heads-up.

PATIA!

·
President, CEO of Earth
1,001 Posts
Lambert direct to the public???

Lambert is probably the largest bike part and accesory distributor in Canada. I didn't know thay sold direct to the public, though... I thought only to shops.

When they are dealing with shops they are generally the quickest, easiest to deal with, IMHO. When my bike career started in the early nineties they weren't really even on the scene - you had to wait like 2 weeks to get an order from Norco - Cycletech (later Bell Sports Canada) was faster, but only out west. Lambert blew them out of the water with great service and selection.

And I don't think they sell Manitou, trekracer8000 - you may be thinking of OGC.

·
the wrench
469 Posts
1)clcle lambert ONLY deals with a reatil store with a showroom NO direct purchases or web business. even items bought through sponsorship still have to be shiped to a store.
2)they deal rock shock products Not answer.
3)they are easy and quick to deal with as is norco
4)go to youre lbs they will help get you set up with what you need.
5)just like trekracer8000's encounter with ogc, cycle lambert is just as good and they both have expert techs there.
6)just go to youre lbs.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, apparently this seems to be the case. Thanks guys.

TT - why the RST reference? Are they even in business anymore? (no, really, I don't know)

·
President, CEO of Earth
1,001 Posts
Rst

TT. said:
I couldn't think of a chaper suspension brand t's all :rolleyes: :(
I think they're still doing ok ;)
I actually have a RST fork on my ti bike. Its called the Aerosa BAS. Aluminum steerer, air spring and air damping. Works pretty nice and is very light weight - really! And feels a whole lot stiffer than a lot of other light forks. Hard to overcome their rep for making only cheap forks, though.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, it's just hard for me to tell who's in business anymore, or not. Even then, there's been many conglomerations in the past years i've been away from things. A trip to Cyclepath on Saturday left me wondering what ever happened to Maxim? They had some nice stuff. I'm getting the hang of it though. It's certainly not what it used to be.

And, in case anyone was wondering - i'm going to be dealing with the vendor, as per their recommendation. It will work out better for both of us. Two Cloud Nine's coming up. :D ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.