Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple friends of mine have ordered the Milltown Cycles/Badger Dorothy framesets and after taking a good look at them on the website, I am inclined to order one too. I would like to add a geared bike to my stable and it sems to be a pretty good value for a high quality semi-custom frameset.

The big question is- has anyone taken delivery of theirs yet. Ben's posts and website originally indicated the first frames would be delivered in December, but I haven't seen anything posted yet.

Anyone have any info.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Endomaniac said:
Word on the street is that ever since Dicky decided he wasn't riding no varmint, Dorothy developed some kind of eating disorder where all she can tolerate is uncooked veggies. So she's hiding out in a shack (Unabomber style) with some kooky disc brake holdout nut with a simial disorder, witling away at his ill-gotten fortune on erroneous flat state race entries and writing a manifesto soon to show up on the Dj's my space page. I keep hoping that CLMBR 5:14 will come out of hiding and set the world strait again.
Awasome:thumbsup:

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
You heard it here.

Dorothy's are coming. All currently ordered frames are done and at paint. I've been reluctent to post this for respect to our painter, but I'll say it to set the record straight.

Without jumping to the "the bikes are at the painter" excuse, here me out.

A few days after Christmas, our painter's elderly mother was the victim of a 60 some mph t-bone car accident in Arizona. She was hit on the drivers side and spent over three weeks in the ICU. As any of us would do in this situation, he left town and spent that time with his close to dying mother. Everyone wishes her the best of luck. She left the ICU just last week, and is looking to be in improving health. He returned to the shop last week, and has resumed work on the bikes.

I sincerly appologize to all those that have ordered frames that are now late. The bikes were on track to be delivered by around Jan 10th as promised to the orderer's before this occured. This definately falls under the catagory of "Acts of God," so commonly found in legal documents. There was absoloutly nothing Rob or I could have done about it.

If anyone has any questions whatsoever please call my cell phone at 507-581-6198. Calling Rob will only pull him off of the torch, making people wait for his frames longer. Thank you for understanding, we will do everything we can to get the bikes to our customers as fast as possible.

Cheers,
Ben Witt
Milltown Cycles.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Go Kart Motzart said:
A couple friends of mine have ordered the Milltown Cycles/Badger Dorothy framesets and after taking a good look at them on the website, I am inclined to order one too. I would like to add a geared bike to my stable and it sems to be a pretty good value for a high quality semi-custom frameset.

The big question is- has anyone taken delivery of theirs yet. Ben's posts and website originally indicated the first frames would be delivered in December, but I haven't seen anything posted yet.

Anyone have any info.
GoKart:
I spoke to Ben at Milltown Cycles last week and he said that the Dorothy's might possibly arrive at his place by weeks end. However, this info was kinda vague so I'm not sure? I will call Ben or Rob in the next few days to get the latest ETA. Believe me, I'm even more interested than you as you probably remember my geared bike broke back in October. I'm also waiting on a warranty replacement frame from Gary Fisher. I just wish one or the other would show up very, very soon.

·
SpoK Werks Handmade Goods
1,201 Posts
Geez!

mward said:
Rob bought a place out by Perry Lake in KS and is having a building erected there to house the workshop. I know some dorothies were done because I saw one being built in september. Other than that, call Rob and ask him. He's not hiding out or anything. 816-721-3596
Can that boy move a little further out in to the boonies? Freakin' Perry Lake? UGH! Of course, Rob loves riding out there.... He is a sheep luvin' boy at heart!

·
Registered
845 Posts
I talked to Ben yesterday afternoon after reading this post to inquire about Dorothy delivery dates. He was very concerned and apologetic. The bikes were on track to be delivered OnTime but the painters absence left he and Rob in a bind. He was more than helpful and made a couple of offerings to make amends. I'll continue to wait although I am not a patient person especially when bike stuff is involved. I'm hopeful that my bike will arrive in 2-3 weeks?

I'll post some photos the moment it arrives.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.