Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My brother is looking into getting a bike as well and wants to know about the Santa Cruz Superlight... any insight available? I have read about some concerns for larger riders and he is also 6'2" 227... Thanks...

·
Daniel the Dog
6,764 Posts
Depends on he rides

danwade said:
My brother is looking into getting a bike as well and wants to know about the Santa Cruz Superlight... any insight available? I have read about some concerns for larger riders and he is also 6'2" 227... Thanks...
Even at his weight, he could ride a Superlight if he is a finese rider; however, if he is a jumper who slams through stuff, I would avoid the Superlight. It is a cross country bike. At this weight and size, I would look at a Heckler. Same design almost with some geometry differences and the option of a coil over.

Jaybo

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
That be me! I really liked the Superlight, but look at the Heckler, very similar price. Since youre brother is a "Clydesdale" the Heckler is the perfect bike. It can be built as a XC bike or a little more burlier All Mountain bike.

I have a buddy who rides a SL and weighs about your height and an inch taller, he is not a finesse rider but just general rider with an odd 1'-2' foot drop. He has gone through 2 rear triangles on the SL.

Either bike is a great full suspension bike, and you can get a really good build in under 2k.

·
Bicyclochondriac.
15,205 Posts
danwade said:
I think at 227 he might want to look at something else. I think the stated weight limit is 220 or 225. At least it was a few years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.