Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I should say newer version.

Just looking for some feedback on ride, fit and what kinda fork you're running.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
If you don't find your info here, contact the owner of Vassago through the contact link on the website. He might be able to answer some of your questions, pretty honest guy that would rather sell you what you need/want than just make a sale!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Shoot them an email!

On a similar note, for those who might be interested in the budget Jabber build, here are the specs from Tom @ Vassago:

Jabber frame
ODIS Fork
Sun Ringle Black Flag Comp Tubeless wheelset (or Charger Comp for no $ increase)
Shimano SLX brakes and rotors
Race Face Ride bar, stem and seatpost
Race face ride SS crank with 32t ring
WTB rocket V seat
WTB grips
WTB nano comp tires
18t cog, and pc1 chain

According to Tom: "Depending on size of bike, the complete weights just under 25 pounds, $1349 + shipping". Sounds like some parts can be upgraded for extra $, but not a bad starting point for those of us still weighing our options

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I don't think they geo has changed much or at all over the years? I had one set up with a Reba @ 80mm. For my terrain here, I hated it. Handled like a greyhound bus and couldn't get traction worth crap up steep climbs. For long rides on rougher terrain, it will probably do well due to the long WB and CS.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Talked to Tom just this week and he was extremely helpful, pleasant to visit with, and answered all my questions. Ordered a Jabber frame from LBS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts