Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering how durable the galvanized finish is? On my 07 Codes, the grey/greenish paint chips real easy. Just curious.

·
fight the system
411 Posts
I've had mine since november. I dont think the finish can actually chip, kinda like stain on wood vs paint. Mine still look good and work even better.

·
Living the High Life
4,543 Posts
I have a set of 08 Codes, I got some brake fluid on the main body/ master cylinder and the paint came off a bit. But that's my fault, otherwise no problems.

·
Registered
290 Posts
mine are sitting waiting for a frame to mount them too. The finish is sweet, it doesn't look like paint, more like raw aluminum.

As far a durability I dont know yet.

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
konut said:
sweet,but i think they need a bleed as the adjuster is set to minimum lever travel and i still get loads,love the modulation and power though.
Hey, nice cheese fountain! I should get one of those to compliment my chili geyser.

I put 08's on my rig a few weeks ago, and I feel they've done nothing but slow me down.

Seriously, best brakes ever. The finish is impervious.

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,347 Posts
I've got the 08's in white, they both need a bleed out of the box. I can pull the lever to the bar with the dial all the way out.

·
dressed to play
219 Posts
pic?

6thElement said:
I've got the 08's in white, they both need a bleed out of the box. I can pull the lever to the bar with the dial all the way out.

Do you have any pics? really tempted by a set of these.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well whatever floats your boat. I'm old school and prefer black, except for when it comes to chicks.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
some people like white, some don't. get over it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts