Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ENDO!!!
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday me and my buddy went riding out at Palmer Park here in CO Springs, we went there because my buddy had a time limit due to a honey do list... I dont know if it was the knowledge of a time limit or what, but I just could not get into a groove. We were on one of the black diamond trails we had ridden before, and normallly I clear everything, but yesterday I couldnt clear a darn thing. I did have on little strech where I finally pulled it together and did pretty darn good, but then I lost it again... Oh Well, a bad day on the bike is better than a good day just about anywhere else..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Probably the time limit! Sometimes it's just too hard to clear your mind and relax and enjoy something when there's pressure on you. You're right about the bad day on a bike quote though !!!!

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Yup, i know what an off day feels like. Sometimes things just don't click off the start, and then you just can't find your groove.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have had my share of those that just won't click. Stumbling over the easy stuff and reduced to just giving up and walking the hard stuff. Seems like it never comes and goes though, not in the span of a single ride. Either I have it or I don't and won't get it.

Thankfully those bad days are in the minority. I don't heal as fast as I used to.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had the opposite happen to me today. I woke up and didn't really feel like riding especially because the trail is forty five minutes away and because everyone i knew kept talking about the heat. Hearing about the heat that much got me tired just thinking about it. One the way down I was even considering turning around and just relaxing at home. The heat hit me immediately when I got out of the car and i figured i'd only stay a little while and then head home. But once I started riding I totally changed my opinion and had a blast. Anything can happen when you get to the trail. Just have to take the good with the bad.

·
Now broadcasting from CO
1,225 Posts
I know how that goes. I had a 23mi single lap XC race today. I usually finish about 12th and today I finished 27th. I had a horrible first 10 miles. I could not get my legs going at all. Maybe I didn't warm enough or whatever, but my class (Senior 1 Sport) started first, and I was riding mid pack in Vet 2 Sport. Luckily about 12 miles in I found my legs again and began to make up time. Then my bike broke. The bearings on my bottom bracket siezed up and I felt like I was pedaling 2 gears higher than I actually was. I kept riding. Then about 300yds from the finish, I heard a metal object hit the pavement below me. I thought nothing of it until I was cleaning my bike later and found a piece of a cog missing on my nice shiny SRAM PG990 cassette. It was just not my day... new BB bearings and a new cassette are now in order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.