Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
rad to the power of sick
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

I've been thinking about purchasing a Viosport helmet cam to fool around with. I'd be attaching it to my Sony p93a camera for recording. Does anyone have any experience with this camera? Or better yet some samples they've taken? It says its 380 tv lines, but i have no idea what that translates to as far as resolution. Basic TV is 640x480 right?

I dont want to spend too much, so i'd be getting the adventure cam 2 (no lens attachments, poorer resoltuon)

any thoughts? suggestions?

cheers,
Aaron

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Check these out...

trekracer8000 said:
hey all,

I've been thinking about purchasing a Viosport helmet cam to fool around with. I'd be attaching it to my Sony p93a camera for recording. Does anyone have any experience with this camera? Or better yet some samples they've taken? It says its 380 tv lines, but i have no idea what that translates to as far as resolution. Basic TV is 640x480 right?

I dont want to spend too much, so i'd be getting the adventure cam 2 (no lens attachments, poorer resoltuon)

any thoughts? suggestions?

cheers,
Aaron
Not that I have tried this myself, but I too am investigating some experimenting with the helmet cam stuff. You may want to check out the attached links below. These guys have invested some time in it and their work is quite nice. Also, the sites may give you some direction.

www.pedalmasher.com
www.petefagerlin.com

N.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Poor quality

trekracer8000 said:
It says its 380 tv lines, but i have no idea what that translates to as far as resolution. Basic TV is 640x480 right?
380 TV lines is the bottom of the barrel for lipstick cams. The video quality won't be that great. Raw DV is 720x480. I have a few thoughts on the subject on my site.

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
I have one and the picture looks fine, most of the time. since its a helmet cam the lighting will mess you up sometimes (sunny day , sun needs to be behind you , overcast day no problem) but I've found the helmet mount seems to flatten everything out, making my amazing hills & jumps so-so I've also mounted it on the handlebars (lots of movement) SO I've found them somewhat limited for movie making. In most good movies the scenes are set up and shot with more than 1 angle/ or camera, but its a cool toy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts