Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
This bike continues to be a decent choice for a low-end gravel and two-track bike. We've had zero problems, and have spent minimal cash on upgrades (to date, a Thudbuster for the stoker and a pair of Racing Ralphs).

I think my ideal tandem quiver killer would be a FS fatbike tandem with capacity to run 29+ as well as 26x4 or B+ wheels. I could get an ECDM and an El Jefe to cover all the bases, but for that kind of money I'd probably look at a custom build (DeVinci, Quiring).

·
Registered
858 Posts

I think my ideal tandem quiver killer would be a FS fatbike tandem with capacity to run 29+ as well as 26x4 or B+ wheels. I could get an ECDM and an El Jefe to cover all the bases, but for that kind of money I'd probably look at a custom build (DeVinci, Quiring).
My .02 cents is that a "quiver killer" is a bit like seeking the holy grail. I say this from my experience in skiing and mountain biking (biking both single and tandem). There are some great "do all" bikes out there, but in the end, using the proper tool for the job always wins out. Easy for me to say, we have more tandems than we probably should...

Back on topic, I understand that the Cannondale is well suited for gravel and double track!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you! I have round Yakima crossbars and ultimately decided to get the Yakima Sidewinder from REI . . . figuring I could return it within a year if it's a no-go. Turns out it works GREAT. As others have mentioned previously, it helps to have a small ladder/stepstool (for placing the tandem in the rear cradle when I'm pivoting it up) since we're putting it on top a Honda Odyssey. Also, it helps to have the sliding door open when putting the fork into the clamp so the cranks don't hit the window. So it requires a bit or orchestration, but I can totally do it by myself.
We just drove 6 hours out to the coast with it up there and everything went great! And it's been really really fun getting lots of complements from people. Gave test rides to a bunch of the relatives today, too. Definitely a sweet ride!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Call around to Cannondale dealers to see if they have any 2014s left. If not, start hitting Craigslist. Like a lot of tandems, some of these are already bound to be gathering dust from lack of use.

We've put a lot of gravel road miles on ours and still love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks I've been looking with NO Luck as of yet...

Call around to Cannondale dealers to see if they have any 2014s left. If not, start hitting Craigslist. Like a lot of tandems, some of these are already bound to be gathering dust from lack of use.

We've put a lot of gravel road miles on ours and still love it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2014 model that I might be willing to part with for the right price. It's literally been collecting dust. My wife and I got pregnant with our third kid soon after we bought the Tandem. Includes upgrades. Send me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pannier rack for Cannondale tandem 29er

Does anyone know of a rear pannier rack for the Cannondale tandem 29er? How wide does the rack need to be? Need dimensions or advise on this. Thanks!

my Cannondale Tandem 29er is a 2018.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts