Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
It's basically the same frame as the 2008 and 2009, just a tad lighter carbon layup and the lighter magnesium shock link. It may look hot... but IMO, it performs even hotter. Light, stiff, quick precise handling yet stable at high speeds. The rear suspension works very well and the RP23 shock lets you tune it to be a good FS that can be ridden for hours or almost hardtail like for shorter smoother race courses. It also has the best racing fork on the market... well, half a fork, and it's still much better than all the whole forks ut there. The parts spec is also nice, nothing extremely flashy on the Scalpel 1 but, XT and XTR, it's a workhorse build: durable, efficient, it does it's job very well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
Not with those specs sorry... but I'm guessing around 23lbs, maybe?
The Team Edition is a claimed 19.5lbs so you're saying the XT/XTR (+ wheel tire combo) is adding 3.5lbs? A friend of mine rides an 09 version with full XTR and Stans wheels (Michelin Comp S Lite tires and lightweight butyl tubes) and Marta SL's + XTR pedals and it weighs 21.5lbs.

·
I CANondale
51 Posts
The european Scalpel 1 is 9.96kg in medium ...

Shock is a Fox RPL, OPI Lefty, XTR Trigger, XTR Rear XT cassette, XT front, XT Chain, DT Swiss XCR 1.4 wheelset, FSA Bar, Elixir R with carbon brake

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
bikesinmud said:
My large Scalpel Team shipped this past monday, I should have it by next tuesday. Dealer said it was definitely sub 20# with pedals (if not I get my $9500 CDN back).
Hmmm, I don't think it's going to weigh under 20 pounds. Let us know when it shows up.

·
Registered
167 Posts
limba said:
Hmmm, I don't think it's going to weigh under 20 pounds. Let us know when it shows up.
Betcha it does come under 20.....The Flash is 16.6. Add two pounds for the frame and shock, one pound for the Mavic wheels and the rest of the components are the same with the exception of the seatpost. Its going to depend on what tires it ships with.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Large Scalpel Team....20.545lbs.....w/o pedals. It came with a Thompson Elite seatpost and no pedals, different from specs. Prob 21lbs by the time I put on pedals and upgrade to some decent tires and get rid of those SLR's. Maybe sub 20 but that depends on the weight of the Team Flash wheelset, which is another option for wheelset. This is what I'm thinking, replacing the seatpost with one that has a setback as the straight post puts me too far forward. Edge has one that is sub 200g compared to the 280g Thompson. SLR's are my biggest pet peeve, when will they get the engagement issue and freehub body sorted? Gonna go with DT 190 on the rear and options for the front are lefty sl, Tune, project 321. Rims are gonna be Edge tubulars or I'll stick with what's proven...Stan's. That should get it in the 20lb range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2009 Scalpel Carbon One Weight

I bought a new 2009 Scalpel Carbon One a few months ago and the lbs weighed it after assembly at 22.8 lbs with plastic test pedals. It was totally stock except for the front derailleur which was upgraded to XTR. Hope this helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.