Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
i got tired of waiting and opted for the 29er epic comp (same price as the marathon f/f for complete bike) and swapped out all of the parts. had it a few weeks now. love the ride! 29er is the way to go!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a large 2010 marathon, the brain recall was not for the 29er's...I have been riding it for near 2 months and love it. 25.0 lbs tubeless w pedals and a few other small things I kept from my 2009 Epic

·
Big ring = No chainsuck
446 Posts
hydrotek said:
Jimmy-What wheels are you riding?

What wheels are the rest of you riding? What combos have you found to weigh less than the stock marathon Roval wheelsets?
I've got a set of the Industry Nine XC wheels. The are a little lighter than the Rovals, a whole lot stiffer, much quicker engagement, and a whole lot sexier. The Ultralights are a bit lighter still with the Stans 355 rims.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hydrotek said:
Jimmy-What wheels are you riding?

What wheels are the rest of you riding? What combos have you found to weigh less than the stock marathon Roval wheelsets?
I was just saying for me, I perfer the 26" wheel for the lighter wieght vs the 29" so I'm still waiting for mine to cross the pond.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm with you Jimmy, they should be shipping very soon. Can't wait to here some reviews or post my own. With a few mods I should be able to get it down close to S-WORKS weight for alot less money.I have heard they are about 24lbs stock.I am thinking the S-WORKS 2 by crank will fit right in. ;)

·
Big ring = No chainsuck
446 Posts
The S-Works crank is sick. I had one last year...amazingly stiff, and I love the double. Think I'm going with the XX this year though just for availability issues.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nc-rider said:
The S-Works crank is sick. I had one last year...amazingly stiff, and I love the double. Think I'm going with the XX this year though just for availability issues.
Ya, i think i'm going with the double [26x42] anybody know how this will work with the direct mount XT front der ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.