Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like people are starting to get their Sight Carbons now, anyone got their Range Carbon yet?

I've been waiting for my 7.1 since Christmas...so it must be coming soon!

Not many upgrades planned as it is dialed as a stock bike, possibly just need to swap out the alloy X1 crankset for a carbon crankset of some sort...either RaceFace Next SL or just some X01 crank arms...

Oh - and I've got new Avid Trail X0 brakes sitting in a box ready to go.

Anyone else got any upgrade plans already?

DrChris.

·
Registered
47 Posts
there is a big thread over on the 27.5 forum, and some have started to pop up: http://forums.mtbr.com/27-5-650b/2014-norco-range-carbon-897733-5.html#post11121010

Mine is also 'on the way' so am hoping for an imminent delivery! I agree the spec is more than sweet to start with, but would potentially try a superlight wheelset to see what kind of a difference it made on to climbing on steep (but not that gnarly) terrain. I already have mine coming with XT brakes

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've pulled the plug on the Range and taken a Sight

Go here for the rundown: Norco Bicycles
I've decided to claim an unwanted Sight 7.1 Carbon that just arrived off the boat in Australia instead of waiting any longer for the Range. Already swapped out the Revelation Fork for a 150mm Pike.

I reckon I'll be upgrading the rear shock to a new Cane Creek Double Barrel in-line shock when they become available too!

Good luck to others waiting for a Range...looking forward to some pics!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've decided to claim an unwanted Sight 7.1 Carbon that just arrived off the boat in Australia instead of waiting any longer for the Range. Already swapped out the Revelation Fork for a 150mm Pike.

I reckon I'll be upgrading the rear shock to a new Cane Creek Double Barrel in-line shock when they become available too!

Good luck to others waiting for a Range...looking forward to some pics!
Good idea! Any pics of your Sight with Pike????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.