Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about riding massanutten sometime this may maybe even there race coming up. does anyone got pics of there trails or anything related? or what type of people ride there?

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
only the most gnar or gnar-core riders dare to venutre on to the trails of massanuten. :p haha nah man massanuten is sweet. i live like two hours from it and i really like it alot. fairly calm i guess, nothing really gnarly on there. ive actually only ridden there once, at the massanuten yee-ha last year (my first race.) its fun though definlty managable on a hardtail, thats what i raced last year. but yeah works with the big bike too, that what im bringing this year now that i have one. ill be there for the race this year sportin my pretty new chetta (pics/its own thread to come.)

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how many downhil trails r there to ride there. and u think a stinky would work nicely?

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
yeah definlty like i said nothing is really that bad. from waht ive seen atleast. ive only ridden the one DH course so i dont know a whole lot. some guys were throwin down faster times on their hardtails then on their squishy bikes even so yeah i dunno. im sure a stinky would handle fine there.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i live 2 hours away from the place, but i think it would be a great expierence.plus i would like to finally get on some downhill trials. lately its the bike jumps, etc in backyard or the trails around were i live

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey zero

yeh i live over in fairfax so the trails here arent the greatest. u live in arlington? hows it over there

·
Registered
355 Posts
austinb89 said:
yeh i live over in fairfax so the trails here arent the greatest. u live in arlington? hows it over there
I live in Manassas my friend has a stinky with some stuff! My friends and i do bunches of riding in lots of places you should ride with us! my friend has bunches of flowriding ramps in his back yard considering he has 5 acres of woods. We aslo go riding at random places. if you go to www.3dmtb.net you will find a video of what my friends did last weekend! I couldnt go i had surgery on my shoulder a little while ago and i am still recovering and wearing a sling :(

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
austinb89 said:
yup, i live in arlington. nothing really for trails around here, just liek 495 and stuff. capital cresent jumps. nothign really big bike oreiented. i spend most of my time riding street so yeah. i rock the STP most of the time.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
zerossix said:
yup, i live in arlington. nothing really for trails around here, just liek 495 and stuff. capital cresent jumps. nothign really big bike oreiented. i spend most of my time riding street so yeah. i rock the STP most of the time.
wait wait do u mean the jumps over by wakefield park? like not on the wakefield trail but across the creek? becuase if u do i rode back there once to check them out and they look nice except they were flooded

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OneBlueJoker said:
I live in Manassas my friend has a stinky with some stuff! My friends and i do bunches of riding in lots of places you should ride with us! my friend has bunches of flowriding ramps in his back yard considering he has 5 acres of woods. We aslo go riding at random places. if you go to www.3dmtb.net you will find a video of what my friends did last weekend! I couldnt go i had surgery on my shoulder a little while ago and i am still recovering and wearing a sling :(
why does ur site say u live in africa but u say u live in manassas? am i missing something here?

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah!!

yeh dude man thats them, im guessing u guys dont want people back there since its so hard to get to over there. i saw them from 495 and then from wakefield road over there, then checked em out. pretty dam nice id say, i dunno how a stinky would handle on em but i got a jamis dirtjumper that might work. i dunno maybe ull see an orange and black stinky over at wakefield trail or skateparks sometimes. mwhaha

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
hey did you ride on one of our thursday rides not that long ago? well maybe now that i think about it like a month or so haha. ive only seen one stinky in this area and that was it haha.

from what ive heard big bikes dont fare so well on those jumps but i dunno give it a try. most people ride hardtails around here as im sure you know. but hell try it, if it works it works

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
umm im not sure ive never seen anyone back there jumpin yet becuase of crappy weather. yeh but ur right when i went face to face with those jumps they looked pretty huge and not designed for big bikes. which is undstandable since im more of a downhiller.(wakefield just keeps me in shape). were u in the video on dc street cuzz that looked sweet man

i ride a full suspension though becuase one of the few kids that rides with me back at his place there is some crazy freeriding. like from 5 -7 foot drops and such and as u know maybe hit up massanutten sometime this month

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
nah man im not in any of those videos on there. it always ends up the days that i ride no one brings a camera or anything :rolleyes: ive always wanted to see my self ride though haha, see if im as good as i feel like i am :D or if im just a prick for seeing other people ride and thinking im so much better when really im just as good...i hope not

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ehh im sure ull get caught on film sooner or later. do u go as big as some of thoughs guys or what?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.