Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few friends and I decided to head out to MOAB in a few weeks. Well, Vegas and MOAB. The plan is to drive straight through to Vegas on the 19th, party, and leave Vegas for MOAB on the 22nd. The tentative plan is to pack up camp on Friday and hit Fruita on the way back (since I've never been). The only people who have committed to going will be exploring by foot; it would be cool to meet up with some front range people while I'm out there in case nobody comes to ride. I see those "group ride" vans and trailers all over MOAB and I can only imagine the waiting at the intersections:rolleyes:

I ride an Epic and I keep a pretty good pace. I love Porcupine (and haven't yet ridden the Epic there,) but, based on what I've read, I don't think it will be good by then. My other must-do is Amasa Back-I've never been to the top. Other than those, I am definitely down to explore.

Anyone have plans to ride there during those dates? If so - and the weather doesn't muddy everything up - lets ride something around here and grab a brew before then.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucky. Definitely post a report on the trail conditions. Word is that everything low in the desert is ready to go, but that can change in an instant.

Nobody's going the above dates? I don't want to ride solo out there; I may get trapped and have to cut off a limb:(

·
Registered
228 Posts
Im planning on going after my current (seasonal) job ends, but it wont be till early April, I'm afraid.

Would love to hear a conditions report when you go!

My plan is to stop in Fruita for a day or two on the way out, then camp a few days (maybe more) in moab.

Not to hijack the thread, but anyone going early April?

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
BoulderMike said:
Lucky. Definitely post a report on the trail conditions. Word is that everything low in the desert is ready to go, but that can change in an instant.

Nobody's going the above dates? I don't want to ride solo out there; I may get trapped and have to cut off a limb:(
There's no way you'll be riding alone. Just go to any trailhead (definitely get to the top of Amasa Back) and join up with other riders that surely will arrive. Moab is hopping from mid-March through May.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xcguy said:
There's no way you'll be riding alone. Just go to any trailhead (definitely get to the top of Amasa Back) and join up with other riders that surely will arrive. Moab is hopping from mid-March through May.
That's what I figure. I haven't gone this early in the season, though, and I wasn't sure when everything picked up out there. A couple days after I posted this, the "MOAB Spring Thaw" was announced; that was a pretty good tip off that the trails wouldn't be empty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.