Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone going to Downieville this weekend july 5th.

I dont have a car and live in Berkeley. I was thinking of doing the race but have never been there before.

Glad to help with gas $$

-lizey

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
Thinking about it, though it will probably include Northstar as well. Something like:

Friday early drive up to Northstar, ride a couple runs.
Friday night stay somewhere between Northstar and D-ville.
Saturday do the XC course in D-ville and then drive home same day (most likely).

Plans will focus better as the weekend nears ...

·
Registered
913 Posts
NoBalance said:
Thinking about it, though it will probably include Northstar as well. Something like:

Saturday do the XC course in D-ville and then drive home same day (most likely).

Plans will focus better as the weekend nears ...
Damn Kris, Lisa and I were thinking of a similar plan. I have an idea of what we're going to do - just need to get the stamp of approval :) It gets a little complicated when half the people we may meet up there are DH only.

Are you going up there with anyone else?

Lizzle, I can try and get you in the loop if you want - there are already four to six of us heading up this Saturday. With the cost of gas and everything, the more carpooling the better.

·
Natural body armor
2,178 Posts
NoBalance said:
I was planning on going up Thursday afternoon or Fri morning, Downieville on the 4th, N* on the 5th and come down on Sunday morning, camping where possible.

Considering the climbing in Dville I'd rather have them in this order (climb first, shuttle later)
Are campings going to be packed?
ZT

·
Surly OG
977 Posts
Got a shindig to go to in Folsom.... then D'ville on the 5th, Sunshine and Pauley creek, then the rest of the standard descent. need eyes on for any major changes and dial in tire selections. thinking of trying out my Neve 2.35 ust SB8 2.10 ust combo.

But I'm really liking the Chunder combo of 2.3 / 2.2 that I've been running.

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
im going friday night. i have a gas guzzling hog, but will drive if i have 2 other people to share it with. or gladly carpool with others.

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
I'm jealous...

MtnBikerDan said:
Got a shindig to go to in Folsom.... then D'ville on the 5th, Sunshine and Pauley creek, then the rest of the standard descent. need eyes on for any major changes and dial in tire selections. thinking of trying out my Neve 2.35 ust SB8 2.10 ust combo.

But I'm really liking the Chunder combo of 2.3 / 2.2 that I've been running.
nice riding with you Sunday. Definitely have to do this more. Have a great time :thumbsup:

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
I have to be back in town Saturday evening but would like to do the XC course earlier in the day. Also I'm not big on camping the night before riding the XC course but its likely there wont be many options this weekend.

I'd also be up for doing the XC course on Friday if Zen and others prefer. That would be, drive up early on Friday and ride the course. After that, who knows, maybe Northstar but still gotta get back to town Saturday night. Wont be able to carpool with anyone staying into Sunday.

·
Surly OG
977 Posts
MrCrash said:
How many people are looking to do the XC course on Saturday?
I plan on doing the descent only, I KNOW what the climb is like.... I just got to get to the top in less than 2hrs. And not cramp 30 minutes into the start like last year, strange Physio bugaboo killed my race last year.

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
If Northstar can be done on Friday, its possible to drive to D-ville via highway 89.
One could either drive straight to D-ville or if feeling adventurous, stop by the Sierraville hot springs?! They do have camping and showers, as well as clothing-optional(ladies only! haha) pools.

·
Registered
742 Posts
NoBalance said:
If Northstar can be done on Friday, its possible to drive to D-ville via highway 89.
One could either drive straight to D-ville or if feeling adventurous, stop by the Sierraville hot springs?! They do have camping and showers, as well as clothing-optional(ladies only! haha) pools.
Kris, i will near north lake tahoe this weekend maybe we can meet there. i would like to get a different ride in too. let me know.

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
I was looking at the camping possibilities between Truckee and Sierra City and Yuba Pass Campground looks to be a good choice. Most are not reserved, aka Walk-in.

About an hour from Truckee and 20 mins from Sierra City. Of course, there's always Wild Plum at Sierra City, which also has a couple of extra sites, from what I can tell.

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
OK so here's my plan. If you're ok with it perhaps we can carpool. Send me a Private Message.

Early Friday drive up and ride Northstar. NOTE: I'm reading that Northstar mtb hours on Friday run until 7pm! (why not sat and sunday? bah)
Friday night camping somewhere near Sierra City and D-ville along Hwy 49.
Saturday in Downieville(Sierra City), doing the XC course.
Coming back Saturday afternoon to Berkeley.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.