Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bumming lately, ice storm pretty much destroyed all my favorite trails and the ones that aren't covered with downed trees are too muddy to ride. Anyone getting any time on the Yeti? If so, post some pics so I can slobber on them. I've been running and lifting to keep in shape, but haven't managed a ride since early January. That might change as it will be 4 degrees tonight, might freeze up the mud enough to ride but brrrrrrr.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
oh sure

Big Jim Mac said:
Bumming lately, ice storm pretty much destroyed all my favorite trails and the ones that aren't covered with downed trees are too muddy to ride. Anyone getting any time on the Yeti? If so, post some pics so I can slobber on them. I've been running and lifting to keep in shape, but haven't managed a ride since early January. That might change as it will be 4 degrees tonight, might freeze up the mud enough to ride but brrrrrrr.
Winter in Israel is not that bad. Just finished a nice ride with some buddies.:D Had to cross some flowing streams (rare in Israel) but the trails were muddy since it last rained on Wednesday. It is going to rain now for 3 days but hopefully trails will dry for next weekend.
Sorry about the images as I am very lazy on that regard.
Oh BTW just remembered to ask about my disks Big Jim. Got them wet on the water crossing and the front one is realy screaming. Is it going to dry off and return to normal?
I just remember you having similar issues on the days you were still riding.;)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Got in a short and cold dirt road ride last Friday night. That Sunday I got a ride out in the Owyhee Desert:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=265207

The previous Sunday I rode out in the Owyhee's:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=263201

And the Friday before that I did a short ride.

I was hoping to ride tonight, but I got home late last night and was just too lazy to get all my gear ready so instead I'm just gonna go running. Tomorrow I'm hopefully riding the road bike and then on Sunday I'm hoping to ride out in the desert again.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Only on weekends..but this is about to change as I should be getting some lights tomorrow (courtesy of my GF and my riding buddy Adrian)

However because of the mud, the SS is the one seeing the most ride time.... last Sunday I did have a crash... I am still getting used to the ride height of the new Revelation on my SS... I overpulled a wheelie over an obstacle..and literally landed on my butt...that frozen ground wasn't very forgiving.... it still hurts :(

But here are some after shots (no ride shots sorry)

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
does doing trackstands in the garage count? These damn nightly freeze/thaw cycles are really hell on our trails, and since I have threatened to assault someone with a pulaski for riding on wet trails, I guess it would be hypocritical to do it myself.

This time of year is dangerous - I've already converted my ARC to a 1x9 (with some hesitation; I didn't do anything I couldn't easily undo), and I just ordered some enduro seals, and plan on opening up my R7 soon.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I'm planning a maiden voyage of my new 575 tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be a *tad* warmer than it is today. It was -15 when I came into work this morning...

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
pixelninja said:
I'm planning a maiden voyage of my new 575 tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be a *tad* warmer than it is today. It was -15 when I came into work this morning...
I hope you a great ride... make sure to cycle your shock a couple of times before riding... the stuck down issue on fox shocks happens a bit more in the cold because the bearings (white seal like rings inside) are not lubed and shift letting air form the positive chamber into the neg.....

No need to worry...just cycle your shock a bit...to help the lube move around...

EDIT: take some pics if possible!!! :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
crisillo said:
I hope you a great ride... make sure to cycle your shock a couple of times before riding... the stuck down issue on fox shocks happens a bit more in the cold because the bearings (white seal like rings inside) are not lubed and shift letting air form the positive chamber into the neg.....

No need to worry...just cycle your shock a bit...to help the lube move around...

EDIT: take some pics if possible!!! :)
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "cycle my shock"?

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Never miss in AZ

twice a week my 575's hit the trail. The SS or Cove Stiffee hardtail get the third ride of the week in. BTW... The Coil U-turn Lyrik is workin' great on the "Tangerine Dream". Highly recommend this fork for those folks who are technical riders. It's going on a 30+ mile ride Sunday:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
crisillo said:
compress it a couple of times, just put the propedal in off position and push the seat down a couple of times.....
Ah...gotcha! :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
AZmtncycler said:
twice a week my 575's hit the trail. The SS or Cove Stiffee hardtail get the third ride of the week in. BTW... The Coil U-turn Lyrik is workin' great on the "Tangerine Dream". Highly recommend this fork for those folks who are technical riders. It's going on a 30+ mile ride Sunday:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Sweet, AZmtncycler! I will definitely get a Lyric if my skills ever get to that level :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
chad2102 said:
Icycle Race Tomarrow
First race of the season tomarrow Fontana Village North Carolina. Snow on the ground temp to be in the teens what more can you ask for.
good luck with the race. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ..

keep us posted on how it goes...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've been out today for a 40K pootle on my 575, the weather was summink else for the 3rd of February in the UK - 5 and full on sunshine all day ........ I have sunburn :cool: and sore legs too :thumbsup: what more could a chap want ?

I'll throw up a few pics later ..

·
Registered
804 Posts
I've been able to sneak in 4 rides in the past week and I'm going again tomorrow morning too! I live in NH and it's been cold and we got a few inches of fresh poweder dropped on us last night. Actually, the snow started towards the end of my late afternoon/night ride yesterday. Now it's time to go pack down the powder covered trails! I'm off to a good start in 2007. I've logged over 110 miles since Jan 1st. :thumbsup:

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
It's perfect riding weather in Hong Kong at this time of year. Cool, dry weather. I'm trying to enjoy it as much as possible before it turns into a sauna again.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
pixelninja said:
I tried. Didn't work so well. DTIL (deeper than it looks).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.