Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
"Seasonal Snow Trail" to try in Bent Creek:

The Donnybrook Downhill

Hope the guy on the right moved his truck today!

:yikes:

Yep - it's a donny brook.... weeee.

·
ohhman
322 Posts
snow snow snow

Just got back from hiking the Pink Beds Loop with the dogs... 10-12" easily up there. Two wrecked cars and 1 very large down pine tree we jumped over, and a hundred more across half or more of the road. Watch out for the good ole' boys doing 50mph in their lifted trucks up to the parkway as well. A good 8"+ on the road up. Should be good to ride. You wouldn't mess up a trail, you tires would not make it to the actual earth

·
WNC Native
4,021 Posts
D.F.L. said:
I think Transylvania County's plow driver got demoralized and went home.
Nope, he was stuck on Caldwell Street. I laughed at him as I drove around him.

Honestly, this is one of those snows where them scraping it, was making it way worse to drive on.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
What this really needs is an ass load of salt. They can push the snow all they want but untill the salt they crap out of the road it's gonna be stupid slick. Once it gets back into the 40s everything will be good to go BUT with tomorrows high projected at 36 I don't think anybody is going anyplace fast.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Maida7 said:
What this really needs is an ass load of salt. They can push the snow all they want but untill the salt they crap out of the road it's gonna be stupid slick. Once it gets back into the 40s everything will be good to go BUT with tomorrows high projected at 36 I don't think anybody is going anyplace fast.
2,200 kg of steel and power to all four wheels gets you just about anywhere and fast is subjective.... 20 MPH is pretty damn good in this weather. The mission for Saturday is good sledding in Brevard (or nearby).... it's a kids and snow day for sure.

·
WNC Native
4,021 Posts
ridn29s said:
2,200 kg of steel and power to all four wheels gets you just about anywhere and fast is subjective.....
Agreed, I've had no problems going anywhere.

ridn29s said:
The mission for Saturday is good sledding in Brevard (or nearby).... it's a kids and snow day for sure.
Same game plan here too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.