Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Work and family didn't allow me to commit to complete one of my bucket list. Worth a shot asking if anyone from arizona (perhaps a group) would start training for the leadville race. Will be trying this year for sure.

Thanks and happy holidays.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
You putting in for the lottery, or signed up for qualifying races hoping for a token? I'd like to do Leadville some day but it seems like a massive pain to get a spot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I going the lottery way. I have no bandwidth to race the qualifiers. Same here. A few years back i got put off how they were distributing the lottery tokens. I missed the time by a few minutes on the barn burner qualifers. But instead they gave a token to a guy who was holding a flag that had no interest in it in the first place.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I going the lottery way. I have no bandwidth to race the qualifiers. Same here. A few years back i got put off how they were distributing the lottery tokens. I missed the time by a few minutes on the barn burner qualifers. But instead they gave a token to a guy who was holding a flag that had no interest in it in the first place.
Ha! Ya, I remember seeing a post from this 30 something chick on the Peloton FB page "I got a lottery for the Leadville 100, can anyone tell me what kind of bike would be ideal and what kind of training I should be doing?" I **** you not! I was like wow, there a 1000 other people that would kill to have a legitimate go at it and I'm sure dozens of these lottery winners are bailing out 15 miles in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts