Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
9/10 times I would come ride. I always ride by myself these days at Skeggs, but road biking with the brother before he goes back to school tomorrow.

·
Registered
268 Posts
MrCrash said:
I was wondering the same thing. I was originally hoping to get some miles in at Skeggs or Demo - if it's mucky out, I may just stay on the pavement.
Yep. It's either Skeggs or Demo for me as well.. whatever is in better condition.

Mike w/ the Mojo? If so, it's John, Scott's friend. We rode at Dville awhile back..

·
Registered
913 Posts
JHANguyen said:
Yep. It's either Skeggs or Demo for me as well.. whatever is in better condition.

Mike w/ the Mojo? If so, it's John, Scott's friend. We rode at Dville awhile back..
Yessir, that's me. Didn't get enough of Downieville this year :)

As far as Demo and Skeggs go, Sounds like Demo is wet enough to be in "stay off the logs" kinda shape. You said Skeggs might "still" be slick? When was the last time you rode it (or heard that it was slick out)?

·
Registered
238 Posts
JHANguyen said:
I heard Skeggs was a little muddy last week. No idea if it has rained at all in the area.
Rode there today, and it was really only a little muddy in spots on my loop (Manzanita, Giant Salamander, North Leaf, Resolution), generally a little more towards the top. Some bushwhacking required on EcdM trail.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
It was busy at Skeggs yesterday. I saw some big groups and a few fellow mtbr riders. (Nice riding with Nicholas and how was the video cam of Resolution - onespeed?) Sierra Morena was a bit muddy, but all other trails were fine. My loop also included Blue Blossom, Steam Donkey - Cross-cut - Giant Salamander - North Leaf - ECdM.

·
1,113 Posts
JL de Jong said:
It was busy at Skeggs yesterday. I saw some big groups and a few fellow mtbr riders. (Nice riding with Nicholas and how was the video cam of Resolution - onespeed?) Sierra Morena was a bit muddy, but all other trails were fine. My loop also included Blue Blossom, Steam Donkey - Cross-cut - Giant Salamander - North Leaf - ECdM.
Nice seeing you guys. Lots of people on the trails.

Video turned out beter than few days before. Still gotta edit and upload.

Was more sun out then last thursday. Will post the video from yesterday later.

Here is a video of manzanita from the 1st.

·
yohyatt
413 Posts
Hey One Speed,

Nice video. Must say one of the better ones on this site. Might i ask what kind of camera you are using - hoping it might be a self contained one, i ditched the big battery one a while ago.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Loved the conditions!!!

It was great riding with you JL!! I was beat after that ride, but well worth it! Amazing how good the conditions were on Blue Blossom, Steam Donkey and Giant Salamander!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.