Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
Great to hear you didn't freeze solid MUM! Three days is a looooong time to be without power. We were out for 36 hours here on the West side. Oh, and about that Emu, I think someone at the C-T may know where it is:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
OH MUM!! You poor thing!! I thought I would die or kill someone else during out 6 night, 7 day vacation from "the grid" after the '04 ice storm. I hope you didn't have 100% electric everything (including water - well pump) like we did.

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
It sucks living off the grid.. I was out for almost 2 weeks straight during 2 consecutive hurricanes here in FL. As soon as the power came back on it went right out again. I picked up a free to me generator that needed a few small repairs but I never got around to repairing it. I figure if the power goes out for an extended period of time I'll have plenty of time to get around to it.

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't seen a paper till today: Emu found. Put the cover back on the grill. It was sitting or sleeping in the middle of a road near Warren Wilson College.

I bet it was drawn to the vortex of "higher learnting". Heck, Emo may be a student there.

Many unusual things happen out that direction.

:skep:

Water was only out for a few hours - you can never have too many bike bottles. So convenient.

Deep snow in Bent Creek. Some x-c skiers were behind the house today, but I saw bikes on cars, so I imagine the crust have been busted.

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OMG! Irv is on MTBr!

:eek:

I'm contacting the moderator - this has to be a high-jacked account.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.