Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Shoot devo an email. He's posted here before about a ride he did through Arroyo Seco.

[email protected]

I'd like to try it out too.

Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
The fire road is 18 mile one way and goes to the indians. The first part has one 3 minute steep section before the long climb. The long climb is about 1800 feet of elevation gain. It has a few steep section about 12-14% that only last a minutes but evrything else is just rollers 4-8% mostley. Then you enter into whats called hanging valley. Its rollers intel you get into the quick decent. At the bottom of the grade you will go by Escendido (sp) camp. I think its only 3 or four miles from there intel you get to the indians camp ground. It usually takes me 3 hours round trip. Could take you longetr depending on your fitness and how long you stop along the way.
As far as water geos I have got it out of the stream before with no problems, but drink at your own risk. It will get hot back there this time of year. THere is one section about 20 feet you have to hike a bike but no big deal.

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.