Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grew up in Fillmore and have spent alot of time in the mountains. There is a ton of single track trails and some beutiful country I was just wondering why I have never seen bikes up there.

·
NMBP
2,159 Posts
olkeller said:
I grew up in Fillmore and have spent alot of time in the mountains. There is a ton of single track trails and some beutiful country I was just wondering why I have never seen bikes up there.
In that part of Utah it needs 4 wheels and a motor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your kinda right except all the trails I'm talking about are singletrack and ATV's wont fit. They may have to be shuttled and all rode downhill but the only thing I've ever seen up there is horses. I've never even ran into another hiker on a trail, some although popular when my dad was growing up are almost abandoned. I hiked down and old trail looking for my brother who was lost and I got the impression that besides me or him noone had been on that trail in years and what a beutiful place.

·
Registered
974 Posts
So do you have examples? Trail names? Maybe a few photos? Looking at USGS maps of the area show a few trails, but they could be abandoned, rerouted, hammered by atv's, etc.

You probably don't see many bikers up there because nobody has any beta on trails suitable for biking there. Sounds like you do. Care to fill in the details?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Even better

Ride some things in and send out GPS files. Send the GPS and trail summaries to utahmountainbiking.com and maybe they will make a page for your area. I have GPS info from trails in Tooele that I want to send to them and see of they will make a tooele page

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pedalfaraway said:
Ride some things in and send out GPS files. Send the GPS and trail summaries to utahmountainbiking.com and maybe they will make a page for your area. I have GPS info from trails in Tooele that I want to send to them and see of they will make a tooele page
Thats what I will have to do all I need is the snow to melt and the forest service to open it up. Abandoned is most likely like I said they are to small for ATV's the last one I hiked down was pretty clear until the bottom where I lost the trail and had to guess my way out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts