Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Green Hornet
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The back way of course? I am looking at a map that shows the Strawberry trail coming off of the Meadow Creek rd out of Tabernash? Looks to be about 13 miles and a really fun way to get to the G.L. area?

It looks like getting to the CD trail would also be pretty easy although I am not sure if CD is Mtn Bike "ok"

-Chuck

·
I'm a unitard!
1,514 Posts
Rugby Chuck said:
The back way of course? I am looking at a map that shows the Strawberry trail coming off of the Meadow Creek rd out of Tabernash? Looks to be about 13 miles and a really fun way to get to the G.L. area?

It looks like getting to the CD trail would also be pretty easy although I am not sure if CD is Mtn Bike "ok"

-Chuck
I've never done it myself, but I always understood it would have to be by fireroad. That could definitely be wrong though.

CDT is bike ok in some places, but there is a large chunk of it that runs through the Neversummer Wilderness. Of course, that is off limits.

·
Ride, Rinse, Repeat
124 Posts
Strawberry trail

We've ridden the southern part on the tandems. Meadow Creek road to almost Strawberry Lake. Pretty mellow, 4WD road then goes to easy (Easy on a tandem easy...) singletrack.

Can't comment on the Strawberry lake to Monarch lake section, might be a bit more technical, but the south half is fun and easy. :thumbsup:

·
lone rider
425 Posts
Rugby Chuck said:

-Chuck
Rode it a couple weeks ago. I like to ride it as a lollipop from the Strawberry trailhead. It's about 22 miles.Ride out Strawberry Trail --> Doe Creek --> Arapaho Bay Road right about 1-1/12 miles to Strawberry Lake Trail. Watch for a steep trail that takes off on the right. Hike -a-bike for a couple miles to Strawberry West This was a fairly hard ride mostly singletrack. You can pick up a free Grand County Trail Map in Winter Park at the FS information center I think. It was a little marshy but should be good to go now. 4 miles past Strawberry Lake is the wilderness boundary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts