Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I ordered a Moots post from them

and it took a couple of weeks to get here, but the price was good. I think it is a one-man operation and he gets busy and falls behind in communication and order filling.

I read some bad reports *after* I placed my order and was made a little nervous, but the stuff got here and it was fine.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Manicmtbr said:
Screaming deals on Soma's and IRD's.

Not much of a storefront though . . . . . .
Kai (the Momovelo guy) has been a constant thread on the iBoB list. You can check the archives at

http://catfood.phred.org

The verdict seems to be: Nice guy, with a bunch of cool stuff that you can't get anywhere else, who is a bit over his head as a businessman. Constant communication seems to be key. Everybody eventually got their stuff, but sometimes with long delays after their credit card had been charged. A lot of the complaints seem to be from a time when Kai was having health problems. You'd probably be better off ordering over the phone, rather than from his Yahoo store. If you are in Berkely, a visit to his shop, and to Jitensha Studios, would be cool. Might as well make the trip out to Walnut Creek and visit the guys at Rivendell, too. Plus American Cycles in SF, and Cupertino Bike Shop. Hmm... I smell a road trip!!

He has a lot of neat, out-of-the-mainstream stuff, I hope he succeeds. But don't expect major-internet-outlet speed from him, 'cuz you'll be disappointed.

--Shannon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.