Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maas Brothers Powdercoating? What did you think?

I'm debating whether to have Maas do my next frame or have Spectrum do it. Spectrum appears to do AMAZING work.

Thx,

SVS

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lushmd said:
Spectrum does do nice work, but so does Maas Bros...I mean, have you ever seen a poor finish on a Ventana? Why mess with a good thing (especially if its going to cost more)?
It's simple. If Maas can't do matte finishes, I don't want them to do my frame. I agree that they do nice work, but from what I've seen, it's not nearly as complex as what Spectrum can do.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
If you are talking about the matte finish like on the Panteras, it’s a 2 step anodized finish not a powder coat. I don't think Maas does matte.

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
SVSocrates said:
It's simple. If Maas can't do matte finishes, I don't want them to do my frame. I agree that they do nice work, but from what I've seen, it's not nearly as complex as what Spectrum can do.
Spectrum does beautiful work, they powdered my Sycip SS for me and it turned out great!
Larry
Mountain High Cyclery

Attachments

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Pauliemon said:
Might be a Wipperman. They have colored chains.
Yep, exactly, it's one of the Wipperman colored chains.
Larry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.