Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I think I am going to go for it and order one. Heck it is only $15 shipped. I'll give feedback on whether it is a complete P.O.S. or not once I get it.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
subscribing cuz i'm interested in how they work. I was high bidder (low ball bid!) but lost an auction a while back for a hanging style scale but didn't win it. I eventually lost interest but if that cheapy works fine I might bid again. It would want it to be at least accurate to the gram, though.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Some Guy said:
The cheap high capicity hanging scales like the one linked in this thread generally display in 20 gram increments. A scale like you describe would be very expensive. If such a thing even exists that is.

Here you go: http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=412

'Only' $1300
I guess I'm combining the accuracy of a desktop model with the high capacity of one of these hanging ones. Your're right, that is a lot to ask for a small price.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you go for one of the cheap ones which is only rated to 20kg, then even the cheap ones on Ebay read to 10g - whether they're accurate to that is another matter, but it should be possible to calibrate them. 20kg should be enough for us - actually tempted by a 10kg one with 5g divisions, but whilst my full-sus is less than that it would mean I couldn't weigh the tandem :rolleyes:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the scale,,,,,,,some feedback.

So I ended up buying the scale for $15 shipped from this e-bay seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/40Kg-DIGITAL-PORTABLE-HANGING-SCALES-FISHING-FISH-SCALE_W0QQitemZ150083686453QQihZ005QQcategoryZ112955QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Shipped from China in about 2 weeks. The scale has a 40kg capacity but I wouldn't feel comfortable putting that much weight on it. The resolution is 0.05lb or 0.02kg or 1oz. I compared it's readings to cheap kitchen scale and they matched up well and also got good correlation on the weight of my big bike compared to my shop's scale. So the absolute accuracy is unknown but it more than sufficient for what I want it for; measuring my total bike weight or comparing the relative weight differences between parts.

I am happy with my purchase assuming it doesn't just stop working after a couple more uses. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a cheap scale for measuring your bike's total weight.

·
Registered
106 Posts
$55 @ Notubes.com

Stans sells a digital scale on notubes.com for $55 that they claim is accurate to 1 gram.

I believe it is made be feedback sports.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just saw the same scale that Stan's sells on eBay for $42.99 as the Buy It Now price if anyone is looking. Just use "table top digital scale" as your search criteria and you should find it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mr. RMB said:
Stans sells a digital scale on notubes.com for $55 that they claim is accurate to 1 gram.

I believe it is made be feedback sports.
So what? It only weighs to 3kg, and I have a 3kg/1g scale which cost a LOT less than that.

A hanging scale you could weigh a whole bike on (which is what we were discussing here) accurate to 1g might be interesting though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.