Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Cycologist
7,539 Posts
the 'Rona coming thru stopped my build. after it sat there long enough, it just kinda left my headspace. i've got other bikes that work just fine and i ride them, so i just keep 'forgetting' about it..
Yes, that is the problem with having multiple bikes, less urgency.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Buying stuff online offers immediate gratification. I was going to order something today and then thought, wait a minute didn't I order this last year! I had! I found it and it had been sitting in my desk drawer for a year!

Kinda funny but not really

·
Registered
Getting too old for this...
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I have to
Buying stuff online offers immediate gratification. I was going to order something today and then thought, wait a minute didn't I order this last year! I had! I found it and it had been sitting in my desk drawer for a year!

Kinda funny but not really
Oh man, I do that all the time. I forgot I had bought a new chain, and tires last fall and never remembered. I think I'm going to set the old workstand up this weekend and just start throwing things on.

For example, I bought wolftooth thru-axles to replace my giant quick release lever versions. But really, there's no reason other than weight and visuals to not just keep the levers in place. So I never swapped them. But I'm going to now. It's official, the box of stuff is going to get emptied.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I have a ton of new spare parts. If something goes wrong or brakes I usually have the parts to fix it. Nothing worse than having your bike brake just to find out what is needed to fix it is on back order.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have a ton of new spare parts. If something goes wrong or brakes I usually have the parts to fix it. Nothing worse than having your bike brake just to find out what is needed to fix it is on back order.
Yeah. When your brakes break, it can really put the brake on things. No one wants to take a break from riding, just because your brakes break.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's like a mental block or something. I've done this several times in the past. I get all excited, buy the stuff...anxiously wait for the UPS guy to show up, even paying for faster shipping sometimes...and then I let it all sit in the box. Scared to go for it. Contemplating selling it and moving on.

Am I alone here? Why is there such a mental block. It's only things I really don't need. And my brains says "don't be an idiot, keep what you have."

I have a whole box of drivetrain parts sitting here. Good stuff too, AXS XX1. XC biker here. 2 weeks on, still haven't even taken it up to the garage to begin.

Ugh.
What? never even heard of this issue. Ill immediately put on my new parts when I get them. This is because I always get parts that will make my bike better and also, I love working on bikes, its quite relaxing for me

61 - 67 of 67 Posts