Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe how long it takes for BOTH Performance and Supergo to deliver a damn bike parts order!?! Whenever I've placed an order through Pricepoint, I've received my order within THREE days (and once in TWO days!). Performance and Supergo may have great prices on some items, but their service truly sucks!

Anyone else experienced a similar problem with either of these companies?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Never had a problem with Performance

Though this last time they used FedEx, maybe a difference there? FedEx vs. UPS coverage? Where do you live?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Id imagine they're bigger companies than Pricepoint so they probably have to fulfill much more orders. My orders usually ship within 1-3 days and another 5 days to get to my house.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I placed a web order with Performance. I didn't receive an order confirmation email so I called a day later. They said the received the order but it hadn't been processed yet. I asked when they would ship it. The lady told me she had no idea. I asked how long it takes to ship. She replied they only state that orders are to be received in 7 to 10 business days UNLESS... you pay for next day or 2nd day shipping. THEN they go out right away.

I wanted one item deleted from my order and since they hadn't shipped it yet, I assumed it wouldn't be a big deal. It was. She told me flatly there's no way it could be done.

Their customer service, in my case, was poor and their online order/delivery process is an 11 on a scale of 1 to Blows.

·
Old man on a bike
12,383 Posts
Never had a serious problem with any of the mail/web order

companies except a few times, and I don't think it was either Performance or Supergo in any of those cases (two were with Universal, and were the worst by far). I know that some things I order are possibly backorder items and will take longer; I like those that now offer an instant check of in stock items or warn at time of ordering of possible stocking problems. If I opt for the longest shipping time (i.e. the cheapest way) I know what to expect...not much...but it is amazing how little you can access expedited shipping services for now (compared to not so many years ago...logistics biz has come a very long way). If I place an order I generally have no interest in changing it; I knew what I wanted at the time I confirmed the order...if I wanted to change one I think I would give some slack on how easily that can be done (I'm a logistics professional...it's not always a simple thing).

Don't expect miracles just because you ordered something and are jonesing to receive it.
See the Fedex is F****d post and particularly the apology from the original poster for not knowing what he was complaining about.

·
Registered
42 Posts
0 for 2 with Performance...

First order I placed with them they left out egg beaters. When I called their response was 'Well the recorded weight of the package shows they had to be in there.".... They did send me a "Cross my heart and hope to die" form in which I swore they weren't included and I did get them shipped to me a couple of weeks later (after I had paid 2nd shipping originally).

Second order arrived last week. It was supposed to be a seatpost shim and USE seatpost. The box looked molested and you could easily see inside it before opening it. No seatpost but the shipping slip showed both the shim and seatpost. I called them on that one and admitted it looked like the box had been opened. The cust. service person looked up my order number and told me the seatpost was on what they call "Suprise backorder.". SUPRISE BACKORDER? WTF???

I suppose I will be suprised when it shows up. I am learning to be thankful though. I never realized until now that all of those drive-thru orders where something was missing were really "Suprise Healthier Servings.". Thank you, Performance.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Just order from Jenson USA or Pricepoint ... those are like the only 2 places I shop from. Both absolutely rule, and have never once messed up any of my orders. They're fast, reliable, and have the stuff you need @ the price you want.

Performance Bike (& Nashbar) went down the crapper a while ago. I stopped ordering from them because of it. They started catering to only the roadies, and the hardcore lycra XC guys... so that didn't help either (nothing against you guys! It just happens to be I refuse to be seen in public in those... :D ).

But yes, Jenson USA or Pricepoint all the way.

-Matt

·
Registered
108 Posts
Becoming a convert...

I have been ordering from them for a year and a half. Bought a bike from Supergo, and at least $1500.00 in misc stuff from perf. I get good deals.

Since the Supergo/Performance/Nashbar merger, the employees seem disgruntled and the shipping is slower. I ordered a casette from Supergo 10 days ago. Called last Friday, they did not know if it shipped or how it shipped. Called today, still did not know. They said they "would look into it."

Performance offers the two day upgrade, but I experience delays in shipping because it did not process at the warehouse for two to three days. I see no benefit to a two day ship if it takes three days to leave the warehouse.

If this continues, I will do more business elsewhere. Good deals are not paid for by poor service. It seems companies will slash prices and sacrifice CS. If this continues, we will end up with WALMART style bike shops. Good prices, no expertise or service.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
gard_nerd said:
I can't believe how long it takes for BOTH Performance and Supergo to deliver a damn bike parts order!?! Whenever I've placed an order through Pricepoint, I've received my order within THREE days (and once in TWO days!). Performance and Supergo may have great prices on some items, but their service truly sucks!

Everything mailorder from these two companies ships for the same warehouse in North Carolina now. Mail order from someplace on the left coast is going to be quicker. Not saying they are the fastest shipping but that might at least account for some of the delay.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
SuperBlo sucks

Placed an order last monday and it has yet to ship and CS can tell me nothing. Do you think they waited to bill my CC? Hell no it was billed right away. It would be one thing if they could just tell you when it will ship instead of saying "it has been processed and that is all I can tell you". Their excuse is they are "really busy".

Placed an order from Jenson this monday and it shipped the same day and will be here tomorrow. That is great customer service. I wonder who will get my business from now on?

·
Map Maker
1,244 Posts
No

gard_nerd said:

I've always had good luck with Performance. I usually wait till I see one of those 20% off coupons and snap up some good deals.

No problem at all on returns with them either.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've had fair luck with Performance in the past; however, things appear to be going downhill recently. I've never had any luck with Supergo. I think I made three orders from them, and something went wrong each time.

I've actually been quite happy with Colorado Cyclist with the few orders I've done. Also, Beyondbikes.com worked for me, too -- although it was only one order.

·
MTBR Tool
831 Posts
I've learned

not to use their standard shipping and just pony up for the Fedex 2day (shipped to my work address) - frustrating was not the word to receive a front wheel only and then to be told that it would be 15 business days before they could re-ship the missing rear unless I wanted to pay again. Having said that, they did refund me my entire shipping costs and I have ordered from them since.

My attitude is this - if you're in a hurry for it - buy it in the LBS. That's not to say there aren't better mail order companies out there but when you add the shipping dept/sales/UPS/USPS into the maelstrom - the margins for error are that much higher.

·
Cheesiest
1,607 Posts
I agree that Performance customer service sucks. I have had better service from credit card companies. I ordered a Black Platinum for a great price, but I got a Black Elite. I normally wouldn't care, because I could just return it and get what I want. The Platinum was sold out. :mad:

They do have kick ass prices when a closeout is combined with a coupon. I'd rather buy from my LBS. :cool:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Recent correspondence

Just got off the phone at Supergo. I ordered a cassette on the 30th. They also told me they could not even confirm shipping the thing. They billed me right away though. I sent them this email, let's see what response we get...

"I recently bought a cassette from you on the 30th of July. To date, not one representative can tell me if it has been shipped or not. The only response I get is that I have to wait 15 days and then it is considered lost.

It is a simple question. Is the item shipped? I live in Connecticut. It never takes this long to get anything from you guys.

Additionally, you should instruct your CS reps who take orders to offer the option on how it is to be shipped. I should have been more alert to your shipping options, but I would think that a merchant should offer the customer the option on how to ship an item (you offer those options on web orders, why not on the phone)? Had I known your company was going to be so Cavalier in handling my order, I would have verified a type of shipping that uses tracking numbers.

Your service (along with Performance, Nashbar...) has gone down hill since the merger. The CS reps are not as friendly, service is slower and more mistakes seem to be happening. My recent order from performance (4 boxed of energy gels) was packed so poorly that all of the individual packages were strewn about the carton when I rec't it (probably due to the single piece of packing paper in a box big enough to hold 10 times the amount of stuff that was in it).

If you doubt my rant on public perception of your company's recent performance, read MTBR.com. There are many threads regarding the lack of CS and order delays of late. People talk, if you don't listen, others do.

I have spent close to $5000.00 this year between Supergo and Performance. I get good prices, but I am starting to question if it is worth the CS hassle. I hope you guys take the opportunity to fix this instead of take the attitude of "listen to this guy whine." WALMART started this way, got to the top of the heap, now everyone seems to hate them. Don't let it happen to you."

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
sircrashalot said:
Just got off the phone at Supergo. I ordered a cassette on the 30th. They also told me they could not even confirm shipping the thing. They billed me right away though. I sent them this email, let's see what response we get...
not even worth sending an email. I did it and got some cut and paste response on how their shipping can take up to 15 days blah blah blah. Funny how their website states 10 days. Bottom line is their policies are BS and they couldn't care less about the customer. If they are so "busy" hire more people. If you are that busy then you must be making enough money to get some additional help.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
My run in with Supergo

I will make a separate post about this to get the word out but could not resist posting here. While I appreciate the fact they finally came around the principle of the matter is still completely lost with their employees/company. The Bank I dealt with was super nice and within 10 minutes with a smile on their face I had my measly $35.49 back in my account. Correspondence below spells it all out as to how poor their service it.

Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 8:02 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: SuperGo Order Confirmation

Sportworks TranSport 2-Bike Rear Rack 2" $299.98
Ground Shipping: $13.50
TOTAL: $313.48

Credit Card:
Expires: 11/05
Amount: $313.48

Transaction Description:

CHECKCARD **** SUPERGO BIKE SHOP 800-727-2453 NC

Date: 08/04/2004
Reference Number: 000*********
Amount: $347.97

Hello,

I am writing about my first and only experience as a Supergo customer. This was my first purchase and most likely my last. My story is detailed below. I do hope we can sort out this mix up. The reason I placed the order is because your price was good but you had the best overall deal including shipping and this seems to be a bad way to recoup money on low prices.

Today I received the rack I ordered. It seems we have a misunderstanding. When I checked out I agreed to pay $313.48 as shown below in my receipt. I agreed to this by checking the order button on your website. When I verified the charges in my bank account it seems I was charged $348.97 instead (As shown below). I can imagine the possibilities as to what has happened but considering I didn't agree to pay $348.97 and I have a receipt showing $313.48 I would appreciate a refund of $35.49. I have also called the bank and they have instructed me to contact you, the retailer, first before filing a claim with my credit card company for the over charges based on the receipt value. Could someone please let me know how we can remedy this situation as soon as possible?

Trey

Dear Mr. Commander,

Unfortunately, the item you have requested is an overweight item. Overweight shipping charges do apply. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Kim
SuperGo Customer Service

Unfortunately no where does your website mention overweight shipping charges and I did not agree to such charges at the time of check out. Please refund me $35.49. Due to the circumstances I don't feel it will be difficult to get this money back regardless but if I have to go through my credit card company as the channel I assure you that you have lost more
than one customer over your companies unethical behavior.

I am available by phone at 423-505-5227 if a manger would like to call me about the stolen $35.49 in question.

Trey

Dear Mr. Commander,

I apologize for the delay. We will refund this amount on this order. Please keep in mind that all over weight items will incur additional shipping.

Thank you.

Regards
Heidi
SuperGo Customer Service

Heidi,

Be advised after I was curtly denied a refund by Kim and I waited over 48
hours for a second response I contacted my credit card company. I have
already been refunded $35.49. It is unfortunate I had to take these
measures.

Please keep in mind if I make another overweight purchase from your
website I only plan to pay the amount agreed upon at Checkout. Especially
when the overweight charge is not only not shown when I checkout but not
outlined anywhere in your shipping policy on the website. I would suggest
you fix your shopping cart and designate overweight items in the future.

Trey

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
"Transaction Description:

CHECKCARD 0803 SUPERGO BIKE SHOP 800-727-2453 NC

Date: 08/04/2004
Reference Number: 0009299*****
Amount: $347.97"

I would edit out those numbers if I were you. Better safe than sorry. this is the internet afterall

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I recently placed orders on the same day for parts and stuff from the following shops right before the weekend:

PricePoint – Arrived ground, 5-6 days
Jenson USA – Arrived Fed-Ex ~6 days
Nashbar – 2 day Rush – 3 days
AEBike – 4 days U.S. Mail to P.O. Box
Performance – Shipped 4-5 days later Still waiting 7 days after that.

In the past I’ve ordered from Nashbar, SuperGo, Jenson USA and SuperGo. At that time I was still shopping for the bike and not in any hurry but I didn’t notice quite the same sort of extended delay with Performance then.

I expect my purchases will decline until I need another influx of material.

·
Premium Member
4,929 Posts
Personally, I have found Jenson to be the most responsive and fastest. Pricepoint has been good also. Supergo is now batting 1 out of 3 for me, I am finished with their mail order.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts