Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Muskoka
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode the course on Sunday. I think anyone that goes out too hard on the double track & then up through Mohawk & BurntPine is going to be ready to blow up just when they hit Bear Bluff ( run backward ). Pretty much the last place you would want to blow up!!! Should be interesting....I think I will spectate the elite group from up on Bear Bluff ;^)) . One point... the map on Chico's site shows BearBluff being run frontwards, but Mike @ Buckwallow assures me it is indeed being run backward direction in the race. So if you are pre-riding you may want to run it both ways just in case.

·
2-wheel junkie
18 Posts
On Wednesday I will be heading up there for the first time ever. I want to ride all of the trails, but will I be able to even though the O-cup course is set up? I just don't want to be heading the wrong way on any of the hills, ya know?

Couple of other questions:
Web site with more info
Cost?
Trail maps on-line or at the Centre?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mike has trail maps for you when you get there, but I don't know of anywhere that one is published online. I've considered scanning one and putting it up on my site, but that would be violating copyright and all that.

Last year a day pass was 7 bucks.

As far as I know there is no official Buckwallow web site.

There's a review and a few photos on my site:
Buckwallow Cycling Centre

·
Muskoka
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RD23 said:
On Wednesday I will be heading up there for the first time ever. I want to ride all of the trails, but will I be able to even though the O-cup course is set up? I just don't want to be heading the wrong way on any of the hills, ya know?

Couple of other questions:
Web site with more info
Cost?
Trail maps on-line or at the Centre?

All Buckwallow trails can be ridden both directions. The O-cup course is now marked on the trail, follow Mike's "cup" signs. Day pass is $7, maps @ the parking lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.