Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some parts over a month ago and I haven't received them yet. I've emailed them three times and the first two times I received generic emails that were no help and contained no pertinent info. The third time they asked for the order number, mailing address and my email which I sent and I also asked for a tracking number. In response they sent another generic email. I've never ordered from them before and figure I've been scammed so a heads up. I used paypal and filed a request for a refund. That was three days ago and they haven't bothered to to respond to paypal.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I ordered some parts over a month ago and I haven't received them yet. I've emailed them three times and the first two times I received generic emails that were no help and contained no pertinent info. The third time they asked for the order number, mailing address and my email which I sent and I also asked for a tracking number. In response they sent another generic email. I've never ordered from them before and figure I've been scammed so a heads up. I used paypal and filed a request for a refund. That was three days ago and they haven't bothered to to respond to paypal.
Personally nothing but misery since they were acquired by Wiggle. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I had some luck with them before. But they are oversea, and while selection and price at times are more favorable, always keep in mind that there is a chance things can go south quickly, as in your case.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
8,331 Posts
wiggle has them now ? that's for the heads up. never had a problem... but now will never choose them

ha, site down atm

Font Display device Electric blue Multimedia Darkness

·
Disgruntled Peccary
6,611 Posts
Being overseas shouldn't be a problem. Average shipping and mailing time to the UK and Ireland is 12 days.
Typically, but I've randomly had things take almost 2 months from Germany in the last year. Who knows. (then again, I've had things take almost that long domestically too).

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Typically, but I've randomly had things take almost 2 months from Germany in the last year. Who knows. (then again, I've had things take almost that long domestically too).
I get product for my business from the UK and my fiance lives in central Ireland so I'm shipping and receiving several times a week.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have been recently annoyed a bit by them, but not sure I had any reason to be. Placed order from US that included a helmet at a good discounted price, plus some smaller stuff. Order held in “processing” status for days. Helmet remained in stock in my size during that time. Contacted them via chat to get more info on status. (Chat connected reasonably soon and person was helpful). Chat person said order being held up for review by staff, chat guy would flag it for internal action, and order would either be processed or cancelled, typically within 72 hours of the internal flag. A day or two later, the order was cancelled and the helmet was no longer in stock in my size. I reordered the rest of the items, some of which are not easy to find on order in the US, and they were shipped promptly.

I don’t know if I have reason to be annoyed because I don’t know if the CR delay caused the helmet to go out of stock, or perhaps they didn’t want to ship the discounted helmet over here for free and sat on the order, who knows. Could have just been bad luck. In any event, the annoyance is mild —first world problems.

My only possible advice for the OP from this is maybe try chat — it did connect me with a helpful person who seemed genuine in the effort to get me info.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I ordered from them two weeks ago with the duty and taxes paid option. Package arrived within 2 days through DHL express to Canada. I'd order from them again since it's been drama free.

Previously, I used to order and always elect for the free shipping option. Sometimes I wouldn't pay tax, sometimes I would pay tax and duties. But the free shipping was always slower and risked getting stuck at customs and potentially paying more duties compared to just paying up front.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Strange. It's almost as if we are in the midst of a global pandemic that has affected the supply chain, manufacturing, product availability, shipping, and even finding people who want to work.

I have ordered from Chain Reaction many times in the past and never had a problem.
If it's in stock and for sale I assume it will get to me within two weeks. Usually I stop by Jensons on the way home from work but their 26" tire selection is lacking. There's no "pandemic" BTW. Just because the TV says so doesn't make it so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it's in stock and for sale I assume it will get to me within two weeks. Usually I stop by Jensons on the way home from work but their 26" tire selection is lacking. There's no "pandemic" BTW. Just because the TV says so doesn't make it so.
The problem may be PayPal which I have a horrendous experience with, I cancelled my acc and would never use that service again. Chaireaction Cycles customer service has ben adequate and timely, be it with orders placed or even just questions. I'm in US

·
Registered
893 Posts
Strange. It's almost as if we are in the midst of a global pandemic that has affected the supply chain, manufacturing, product availability, shipping, and even finding people who want to work.

I have ordered from Chain Reaction many times in the past and never had a problem.
This

Ordered everything from bikes to brake pads from them and typically fast shipping. Usually faster than most places in the US. CS has been fine. Haven't ordered from them in a year, so maybe what Skyabove said.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
My last package (to Toronto) arrived so soon after I placed the order (like 36 hrs) that I was confused as to what the hell it was.

I think that was in June.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I think that shortage of lorry drivers is possibly cause all that, it's affecting all the industries in UK, online shops are especially dependant on that....

Its probably one of the "benefits" of Brexit... :D

How serious is the shortage of lorry drivers?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.