Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using eload as a drink while riding lately, using for about a month now. While I didn't notice it at first, i'm noticing now that this stuff isn't "agreeing" with me. I can't say if it's upset stomach or heartburn or what, but I fill up the 'Bak as they describe, mix well, drink and ride and ride and drink. After riding/drinking about 20 minutes I notice the effects - gaseous build up, uncomforting feeling in the stomach (and I mean stomach - not anywhere else) and the constant wonder if i'm going to have to yak at the next corner. Despite the gaseous build up I never feel the need to belch. It's distracting, to say the least, and it's deterring from my rides!

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this (I mean particulars with the powder/mix)? Anyone have a similar result? I've never had this effect with drinking anything before - really wondering wtf is going on with this situation.

I don't feel comfortable using this stuff with this thought. For the next few rides i'm going with straight water to make sure this isn't all "in my head".

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW - if anyone wants to add (in depth or otherwise) what they've tried, good/bad/ugly, what you're using now and all that stuff - go right ahead.

PATIA!

·
NormalNorm
935 Posts
ELoad

Yeah, I had the same problems with Eload-Lemonade. I finished off the can of it by diluting it, to half of the amount they recommend. I have now been buying the powered gatorade cans(orange)at the grocery store.......also goes good with vodka.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, but how well does vodka go with riding?

Okay, subjective ..... sorry for asking! :p :D

I went for a ride tonight. Straight water in the 'Bak, no problem. Only somewhat reassuring, however, as I was with a beginner and not riding anywhere near as hard/fast/long as usual.

I guess I now know why many have switched to Hammer.

Army - Gatorade and related products, if you know ..... i've never been a big "believer" after hearing/reading about Gatorade and it being not different then taking Koolaid and adding a table spoon of sugar and salt and selling it for a bunch of profit with little gain to the consumer. Are the related products any different, or just a wolf in sheep's clothing? Might you be able to say that your success with eliminating cramps was more due to less dilution? (asking with genuine interest - not that of criticism)

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
could be---but the enduro, when it came out I tried it; and it worked so I found no further need to fiddle around. also the ingredients are more comparable to what's in acelerade (which many folks in these parts swear by) than the normal formula.

AndrewTO said:
.... Might you be able to say that your success with eliminating cramps was more due to less dilution? (asking with genuine interest - not that of criticism)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.