Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just got back from an awesome week in Morzine. I had kitted my bike out with a new set of 06 Boxxers for the trip and they worked superbly! HOWEVER, on day 4 I went to check my brake pads and when putting the wheel back on I was merrily tightening up the through axle when the tensioner thread pulled straight from its holding cup.

I desperate search round morzine uncovered other people's tension bars had suffered a similar fate! Luckily i manaed to mock something up with a quick release scewer and a few washers, which did the trick.

Surely on a £500 pair of forks the tension bolts should be a little better thought out. Has anyone else had any similar problems with the 06 Boxxer axle?

Rob

·
Registered
342 Posts
not only that

SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
:D most p[eople fix it by buying marzocchi products:D
i had to get a new axle for my 66 - $40 F*&KING $$$$$ for the thing - and that was the bro price!!! Thanks Marz - hope it give good head too .... oach - well - it doesn't.:madman:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.