Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with a side wall separation? My rear Nevegal is 6 months old and I noticed tonight I have about fifteen bubbles right along the rim stretching about 12". I am not sure if it is a separation at the bead, or sidewall. I have been using these on Crank Bros. Iodine wheels and Stan's. This is my second one this year doing this. I guess it is time to shop for another brand...

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've had the bubbles on 3 Nevegal UST tires. I don't use a sealant, so I'm going with some type of defect. Still, I buy the tires when needed as I like the way the work with my bike.

Nevegal DTC USTs are now available, so I have put on a spanking new pair to try out as soon as the mud disappears. All of my troubles were with the standard Nevegal USTs.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Nevegals and latex sealants don't "always" mix well. It's a crap shoot for delaminations. Some people swear by them, others have delam problems.

The only downside to the DTC UST Nev's is the weight. Almost 1000g or over 1000g depending on production runs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.