Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode power pole with LG man yesterday ... no problem on the 1x11. This morning however ... Tried swimming a masters style swim workout with the GF and one of her swim buddies. i used to swim a few times a week maybe a bit over a mile at a time. First swim in 3 years today. Got home sat on the couch and fell asleep. Got a whole bunch of air let out of me today! Can't see tears in your eyes in a pool very easy ... thank goodness. :cryin: I was beat on like a left handed red headed stepchild at a picnic! :yikes:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Emma/UC/Wilder solo ride yesterday on the double boinger. Was off the bike most of the week due to travel. Over heated on the climb to UC (too many layers). Once I calmed (and cooled) down the ride was fine. Had a massage later in the day.

Woke up today feeling wiped and under the weather. Ended up taking a nap, then this evening the wife and I looped out along the beaches on the cruisers. The wife mumbled something about "you seem to be feeling better". Pushing it on the "climbs" though, I was feeling it. One wiped body.

If I had felt better earlier in the day, I would have caught some of those tasty waves coming through.

I hope to get the CX rig back from the shop early this week. Maybe, just maybe, I will do an early (or afternoon) toodle up that accursed hill.

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
Demo build day on Sat with a Braille loop before digging, and a few test runs post digging to test out our work, followed by turning dirt in the yard and planting stuff that's going to die in a few weeks.
Hammer pace at UC with rox, tburger and cornfish today.
Massive headache and totally beat.
Nothing like rolling into work on Monday and have people comment on how tired I look. That's how I know I had a rad weekend.

·
Custom User Title
7,429 Posts
Went on Saturday to help validate orienteering courses at Coyote Lake for May 4th - hiked around the hills for four hours. Met the guy who was setting it up - apparently he is number one rated runner on US youth team for this year Worlds. He pre-run one of the courses I was vetting - quite amusing to see how fast people can move..

Quite beautiful there right now, blooming flowers and all. Even poison oak bushes are nice. Interesting how many old abandoned roads are there - takes hiking over it to see the cut bench. Too bad so much land is closed to riding, so many opportunities, and nobody, absolutely nobody using it, on a great day.

Need to ride actually, probably not making it to Lemurian, but wish I will not be the slowest on Boggs 8hr in two week...

·
Registered
105 Posts
First waterski run of the season today spanked me. Blown apart after a dozen turns, held on for awhile longer to build some tolerance for next time. That's tough sheet, probably be paralyzed for a few days.

·
Unpredictable
2,208 Posts
Not quite smashed yet, but maybe after the footy this afternoon!

Had a weekend of starting a new trail building project - a green trail to bypass an old eroded section of two trails, one green and one blue, before accessing both farther up the hill

P1140013.jpg

a round of golf, and then the morning on Tamborine riding this today

The new "Old Tambo" Top - YouTube

It has been the most beautiful, sunny, warm and perfect Easter here on the Goldie. Hope everyone else has had a great holiday too.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Spent the weekend helping our two daughters move furniture/clothing and other stuff around....so no riding, but I'm riding up in Reno Monday and Tuesday.

·
Registered
665 Posts
7hr and 65 miles out at Boggs yesterday riding everything but the 8hr course. I need a weekend to recover from my weekends, I think I'll go find a corner and take a nap at work today.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I painted my in laws house in 32.5 hours. That was a week ago and I'm still suffering. But I'm 50 and people tell me this is normal. I liked being 20 better.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
3rd annual Ball Mauler(road ride) on saturday....

from west side santa cruz:
up western
up empire grade
down jamison, up jamison
down alba, up alba
down pineflat/BD to hwy 1 and back up to empire
down felton empire, up felton empire
down empire grade to western to brewery!

80miles and 12K.

most climbing i've ever done. perfect day too! great support with a sag at the top of each climb with skratch, coffee, donuts and rice cakes.

·
user
1,060 Posts
Early morning ride at UC on Saturday... Cool temps, clear trails, and hero dirt. Sunday afternoon I snuck out for a couple loops at Demo. No sleep the night before and the heat made climbing a bit rough Sunday afternoon. Great weekend though!

·
Custom User Title
7,429 Posts
Decided to skip a bit of work today and go with my daughter to Harvey Bear. It is nice out there right now.

photo 1.JPG

·
Registered
401 Posts
Rode 18 miles at Annadel with 2 buddies. Blew out my rear hub. Luckily I was at the top of Ridge so I was able to coast down to Spring Lake and still had a blast even broken down. People I saw on the way down would've never known I was busted. Good weekend over all!

·
J-Flo
1,740 Posts
I got crushed going up Gunshot in Fairfax on Saturday morning. Trying to keep up with some fast kids, zero chance of success. I didn't have much in the way of excuse this time. It was a gorgeous day, perfect temperature, had just completed a nice loop at Tamarancho making what for me was good time. Then that dang ridiculous hill got me, again.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
down X up X, where X = pain...you are some sick puppy. Dropping some cred.

I prefer my routes to not back track in any way. Especially when there is gratuitous climbing. I reiterate -- sicko. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts