Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Now with 10% more!
407 Posts
I sure did!

Few weeks ago I spent the money on some colder weather gear. It's made all the difference. I didn't get too cold, but it wasn't windy at the time I went. I rode to Pineridge and then up Maxwell, messed around on some stuff and then back. I was out at about noon today, and I saw a few joggers, but I was the only mountain biker! The trails were packed yesterday, what a difference a day makes.

·
mtbmike
304 Posts
Heil was excellent

Trail was bulletproof today. Picture Rock to the overlook at the end of Wild Turkey and back. Temp was 22 degrees at the overlook. Had to keep moving and really manage the heat.

Fanatstic ride. The place was empty. the liquid in my water bottle was freezing up.

Attachments

·
Think Circles!
264 Posts
Sure did. I got out to Walker Ranch today. 22 degrees with flurries. The trail was frozen and great! Here's some shots of the outing because everyone loves pics.

hike a bike next to the river:

·
hehe ...you said "member"
1,121 Posts
Hit Green Mtn - no pics, but had my derailer freeze up on me. Closer inspection revealed a split cable housing that let water get in ... got to fix that.
Trails were solid and the flurries kept things nice and tacky.

·
Registered
9,628 Posts
Some of these shots could have made "Best of 2008"

if they'd been taken just a few days before. Great to see you all braving the cold. I was at my desk all day.

·
Now with 20% more fat!!
2,031 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
From the church in Morrison - Morrison Slide - MW - Dakota Ridge - Zorrow - Green Mtn. Fire Road - Jewell - Back to Morrison church where my wife picked me up. Ride was epic. A couple of tire tracks on the fire road and a few joggers is all I saw. Wish I could do it again today but too much snow :madman:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Got up to coyote ridge today. Dusting of snow at bottom and about an inch or so where we turned around. Broke my ring finger on the way down...that kind of sucked but the downhill was still fun! Doctor said that i just have to keep it splinted for a couple of weeks.

·
Stayin' Puft
1,241 Posts
JSD303 said:
Got out yesterday early with a group of singlespeeders on some trails around Highlands Ranch.
Harumph. Freaky, I rode down that trail today...although it was a little colder and snowier than your pic. :)

If I would have seen you guys I think I might have crashed in disbelief. I normally just see people walking dogs there. :eek: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.