Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have retired my old Santa Cruz Superlite in favor of an 05 Titus RX 100. I started racing XC here in the mid-west last year and fell in love with XC racing. Never actually rode a Titus yet but I have been so impressed with all the good reviews that I am giving the RX a try. Only problem is that I put the order in back in early January and still have not been able to pin down even an estimated delivery date from Titus. Hope the bike is worth the wait, and was just wondering if anyone else is running into delivery delays. Guess I'll just keep riding and racing my single speed in the meantime, but at 47 and too may injured body parts to count I'm really looking forward to getting back on a fully active fs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
marcoyoga said:
I have retired my old Santa Cruz Superlite in favor of an 05 Titus RX 100. I started racing XC here in the mid-west last year and fell in love with XC racing. Never actually rode a Titus yet but I have been so impressed with all the good reviews that I am giving the RX a try. Only problem is that I put the order in back in early January and still have not been able to pin down even an estimated delivery date from Titus. Hope the bike is worth the wait, and was just wondering if anyone else is running into delivery delays. Guess I'll just keep riding and racing my single speed in the meantime, but at 47 and too may injured body parts to count I'm really looking forward to getting back on a fully active fs.
titus makes a great product but fail at getting it to the market place on time.what makes it wirse is they constantly promise next week and fail to deliver. I am waiting for a moto lite. so i feel your pain
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hurry up and wait!

freddie said:
titus makes a great product but fail at getting it to the market place on time.what makes it wirse is they constantly promise next week and fail to deliver. I am waiting for a moto lite. so i feel your pain
I agree, the folks at Titus seem very nice and helpful, but unfortunately I have also heard the exact same promise week after week. I wish they would just be realistic and up front with delivery dates so we could make alternate plans in regard to upcoming biking trips and races. Anyway, thanks for the response and enjoy your moto lite when you get it. It looks like a pretty cool bike!
 

·
Not Smart Enough to Quit
Joined
·
644 Posts
HH100 will ship...

From Hammerhead on Monday! I ordered it mid January thinking it would only be a month or so. First they ran out of rear ends, then the bike that Charles thought was a black anno turned out to be a blue anno. I figured that I was spending that much and I had already waited a while, so a few more weeks for what I really wanted would be worth it in the end. I spoke to Beth on Friday and she told me that all they had to do was to finish building the King wheels and it would be out the door. Of course, I'm nor excited or anything like that! It's just a bike, you know. (Yeah, right...)

Come on Big Brown Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
They're all the same reasons for delay. Rear ends, anno, swing arms, _____ . I waited 4.5 months. First held up by anno, then they ran out of swing arms.

Do you think that if they advertised a 4 month wait time for a non-custom product they'd still sell like they do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
delivery time

I ordered a titianium rx back in september of 04' at the time Criss at titus told me it would be 6-8 weeks, I picked up my compleated bike from the dealer exactly 8 weeks to the day from when I payed my 50% deposit. they make a good product which is in demand, at least thay aren't cutting corners and building them in tiawan to meet the demand.
you will be pleased when you get it. worth the wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
2005 Racer X

marcoyoga said:
I have retired my old Santa Cruz Superlite in favor of an 05 Titus RX 100. I started racing XC here in the mid-west last year and fell in love with XC racing. Never actually rode a Titus yet but I have been so impressed with all the good reviews that I am giving the RX a try. Only problem is that I put the order in back in early January and still have not been able to pin down even an estimated delivery date from Titus. Hope the bike is worth the wait, and was just wondering if anyone else is running into delivery delays. Guess I'll just keep riding and racing my single speed in the meantime, but at 47 and too may injured body parts to count I'm really looking forward to getting back on a fully active fs.
I order a XL Rx last december...still haven'treceived it!!
I think I will cancelmy order. I need a bike soon.
I had a Ellsworh Truth.
I think I will go for a : YETI ASR Turquoise
or
Intense Spider dark bleu

I'm a 200 pds XC rider\racer ( 4 to 6 times)

What do do think??

Rich 24
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
Rich24 said:
I order a XL Rx last december...still haven'treceived it!!
I think I will cancelmy order. I need a bike soon.
I had a Ellsworh Truth.
I think I will go for a : YETI ASR Turquoise
or
Intense Spider dark bleu

I'm a 200 pds XC rider\racer ( 4 to 6 times)

What do do think??
Was it ano, polished or powder coat?

Ano bikes are going to be later than the PCs and polished ones.

I want a light, horst-link bike that is not an Ellsworth so I wouldn't choose any of the bikes you suggested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
I am waiting for a grey ano RX100 - the only other bikes that I really like are the Ventana El Saltamontes and the Turner Flux. I will wait for the racerx though because its what i really want. My current ride is pretty nice so there is no rush; I am just curious. Plus i want to use the new XO triggers on the RX which arnt coming out until June or July.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Still waiting....

I am a Titus Dealer and I too have been waiting for the true 05 model RX 100 (Baby Blue). I think it is worht the wait, but it is hard to keep telling customers about ta delay when it is nice out and they are spending so much $$. I feel bad not being able to deliver these great bikes faster...and woudl really like to have mine to show off and let people test ride...but I was told a few more days before ship. :D

I can't wait...right now I am on a fully rigid Soma and it si killing me :eek:

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
I was told this week that Titus is waiting for some parts. If my bike shop had of just ordered the frame from Titus and not the components too I would probably have my frame by now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Spoke w/Titus last week...

(Monday I think) Black ano's were being picked up that day and are probably on their way to customers by now. Next batch was to be blue ano's, estimated to be finished in about two weeks.. I'm waiting on a blue ano medium ordered mid-October.
BB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Long wait, but worth it!

I waited about 4 months on my ano blue Rx100. I ordered the frame through my LBS, and had
them get the components. Titus gave me an estimate of 8-10 weeks, but it took awhile for it to come out of the ano processing. Well worth the wait!! (It took about the same time to get my Talas RLC from Fox, so i guess it worked out pretty well.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
BarkBuster said:
(Monday I think) Black ano's were being picked up that day and are probably on their way to customers by now. Next batch was to be blue ano's, estimated to be finished in about two weeks.. I'm waiting on a blue ano medium ordered mid-October.
BB
I'm not a happy Titus customer right now. I switched my order to Polished from Black Ano so I could get my bike in April. I still do not have my bike now. They bike that comes to me had better be Black Ano after waiting so freak'n long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Wow... Have any of you tried calling Titus directly and asking them what they have in stock? I have slight advantage in that I can go to their facility in about 15 minutes from my house, but couldn't you just call them and see what they have?

I just got a Super-Moto (XL) from Rage Cycles (Scottsdale) and they built it up in about 6 days from my request. The only thing is, I knew what Titus had in stock. They had about 10 Super-Moto frames hanging there, in black, red and blue. I can't recall exactly what rear linkage they had, but I didn't recall them saying there were any delays on any setup.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
Braids said:
I'm not a happy Titus customer right now. I switched my order to Polished from Black Ano so I could get my bike in April. I still do not have my bike now. They bike that comes to me had better be Black Ano after waiting so freak'n long.
I was told my bike shipped today by Titus. Now I guess I wait and see if I'm getting a polished or black ano frame.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top