Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of trying it out this year. Never been to Beech Mountain so want to try get out there some time this month to check it out. It would be my first time to a bike park.

Just curious to hear thoughts on the Enduro held there.
How much of it takes place on the Emerald Outback and how much in the BM bike park?
My fitness is not great, so was wondering if the liaison stages have long big climbs in them.
Did they have aide stations at any point? Just wondering how light I can potentially go with water, food, etc.
I've done the Pisgah Enduro and Fire Mountain Enduro and they had a great vibe, how does BM compare?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
We haven't announced stages yet but expect 6-7 stages. Half will take place in Emerald Outback, half in Beech Mtn Bike Park. The faster pros had a total elapsed stage time of just under 13 min. Expect about 3-6 minutes to be added to that between new trails in Emerald and the bike park. There were several aid stations and a helmet drop last year. That is TBD this year. Climbs out of the Emerald Stages were/are easy in my opinion. There will be a time cut off for completion as well as a rider cap for entry.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We haven't announced stages yet but expect 6-7 stages. Half will take place in Emerald Outback, half in Beech Mtn Bike Park. The faster pros had a total elapsed stage time of just under 13 min. Expect about 3-6 minutes to be added to that between new trails in Emerald and the bike park. There were several aid stations and a helmet drop last year. That is TBD this year. Climbs out of the Emerald Stages were/are easy in my opinion. There will be a time cut off for completion as well as a rider cap for entry.
Thanks. Do you know approx when you're likely to announce the stages? As I've never been to the resort, I'm planning on heading up sometime this month but would rather hold off until the stages are announced so I can at least pre ride them while I'm there.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Thanks. Do you know approx when you're likely to announce the stages? As I've never been to the resort, I'm planning on heading up sometime this month but would rather hold off until the stages are announced so I can at least pre ride them while I'm there.
We wait until the week before to announce the stages so it's fair for everyone. That being said, take a long look at Upper Black Bear, Lower Green Mamba, Upper Indigo, Upper Copperhead, Lower Copperhead and Hellbender. On the Emerald side look at Oz Forest Run and West Bowl Connector. Several stages on both sides will not open until race weekend.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sorry I was in your shot... Chamberlin's Gap will be open to the public starting this Thursday 7/18/19. It will also be a feature in the Beech Mtn Enduro next month.
No problem Brad :) I wish I had been a little more to my right so the picture would show your multitasking much better. It takes concentration to hold two phones and record that, and I am sure you were watching them as well. If you hadn't been in the picture, there wouldn't have been anyone riding it to take a picture of.

It was my first time at Beech on a bike, and it was awesome.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
No problem Brad :) I wish I had been a little more to my right so the picture would show your multitasking much better. It takes concentration to hold two phones and record that, and I am sure you were watching them as well. If you hadn't been in the picture, there wouldn't have been anyone riding it to take a picture of.

Is that a grom setting up to go next? Because, if so, that's f-in sweet!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

Ha, I'm just a hack when it comes to photos/videos lol but thanks for the compliment. Thanks for supporting the park, glad you enjoyed!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
That's Christopher Grice. I have been working with him as his mechanic for 3 years now. He trains a lot at Beech and Windrock, occasionally Bailey. He's a great kid and has a bright future in cycling. Here is a little teaser of our new trail featuring Chris Grice and Seth Stevens. They are both Specialized ambassadors and do a lot of volunteer work for the Specialized Foundation.
http://instagr.am/p/BzvVebJF3j8/

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We wait until the week before to announce the stages so it's fair for everyone. That being said, take a long look at Upper Black Bear, Lower Green Mamba, Upper Indigo, Upper Copperhead, Lower Copperhead and Hellbender. On the Emerald side look at Oz Forest Run and West Bowl Connector. Several stages on both sides will not open until race weekend.
Thanks for the heads up. If I can make it up for a pre ride it'll be in the next two weekends.

Will most likely come up with my wife so we're looking into her perhaps being able to do a guided hike and some yoga at the top of the ski lift if the schedules work out.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. If I can make it up for a pre ride it'll be in the next two weekends.

Will most likely come up with my wife so we're looking into her perhaps being able to do a guided hike and some yoga at the top of the ski lift if the schedules work out.
Yoga for sure! Unfortunately we don't offer a guided hike but make sure to check out our new trail Whistle-Pig. It is our designated multi use trail and super easy to navigate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.