Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there - Question for all of you...has anyone done any biking in Florida? Reason I ask is I have been offered a job in Florida in New Smyrna Beach (about an hour South of Daytona) and curious to see if there are any decent trails out there. When I think Florida I think flat swampy land with lots of gators.
Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
tommydfatguy said:
Hey there - Question for all of you...has anyone done any biking in Florida? Reason I ask is I have been offered a job in Florida in New Smyrna Beach (about an hour South of Daytona) and curious to see if there are any decent trails out there. When I think Florida I think flat swampy land with lots of gators.
Thanks.
Since when is New Smyrna an hour south of daytona. It's like 20-30 mins MAX. Also, there are a few decent trails. How good they are depends on from where you're coming.

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
There are excellent trails in the Miami area. I just moved to arizona, but i lived in miami for the last 17 years and the biking there is great. You would be surprised by what they can make artificially. The only thing you raelly dont get is DH or altitude changes. But you are talking about farther north. Ive got a cousin in Gainsville who loves the biking there. What you can do is contact the bike shops in the area you plan on moving to and ask about the specific trails in the area.

·
Banned
656 Posts
IMO the trails in mia are ok at best and like you said very creative considering what kinda terrain they got there. Do you still feel the ridings great in mia after moving to az? I only know olleta and markham and the latter is certainly better, offering much more of a rollercoaster ride. The "advanced" section at olleta which theyre expanding as we speak could be a lot better; they should go check markham out. Dont mean to dis, just my opinion. :cool:

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Biking in FL

I borrowed a bike while visiting relatives in Gulf Breeze. I am from the dry west so the humidity was oppressive. Terrain? Think sand not swamps. I was thrilled to find a parking lot with a 2 foot berm for landscaping, my god a HILL!

Critters - fire ants more trouble than gators.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts