Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
orthonormal
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this the class that meets at Trail Head Cyclery? I'm curious what you think of it.

What's the coach to rider ratio?
Does Lee attend?
That's the one. I believe Lee attends, not sure of the ratio. I'm hoping the Friday session is more sparsely attended.

This will be my first time doing something like this so I won't be able to compare to others but I'll give my impressions. I've been mountain biking since 1985 so i'm sure I have a lot of bad habits to unlearn.

·
Wēk Sôs
3,210 Posts
Is this the class that meets at Trail Head Cyclery? I'm curious what you think of it.

What's the coach to rider ratio?
Does Lee attend?
LLB used to be huge. I think he cut all his coaches except for himself. I'm not sure what happened but I'd say it's a good chance he's there.

Edit: scratch that, I was thinking of betterride.

What are they doing at THC? It's a small place hard to practice there, unless they are just teaching how to unload the front end. I don't recall the parking lot being big enough for customers and setting up cones for figure 8s.

·
orthonormal
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LLB used to be huge. I think he cut all his coaches except for himself. I'm not sure what happened but I'd say it's a good chance he's there.

Edit: scratch that, I was thinking of betterride.

What are they doing at THC? It's a small place hard to practice there, unless they are just teaching how to unload the front end. I don't recall the parking lot being big enough for customers and setting up cones for figure 8s.
THC is just the 10:00am meeting place. They start there with a Riprow to get used to the way Lee wants you to move on the bike. Then up to Demo or some other location to ride until 4:00pm or later.

I'm eager to give it a try. I've been riding at pretty much the same technical level for years.

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
Ian's really good and you can't beat the price. But the best thing I ever did was drive out to the coast almost every weekend and slowly progress on trails and features--and ride with guys that are better. Classes and videos are great--but you gotta practice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.