Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to whine, but...

I love 100% products, their stuff fits me and holds up well. I especially like their shorts - right size, length, waist adjustment style, zippered pockets, etc. I have five pairs of their shorts, some of their pants, their glasses, and a half shell helmet.

I recently ordered their Aircraft 2 full face helmet to replace my old full face that I destroyed in a crash a few weeks ago. I ordered size large based on the sizing chart on their website. The helmet is too small, though, so I went to their site to start the return process so I can buy an XL. I was shocked to see that they are currently not accepting returns "due to COVID." OK, my fault, I didn't read their return policy before ordering the helmet. Having ordered/returned many things from/to 100%, even during COVID, I made the false assumption that I'd be able to return the helmet if it didn't fit. The policy also says "make sure to check the size charts before ordering," which I did. Bummer.

So I looked further into it, seems that the L and XL helmets share the same shell but use different size pads. I've reached out to their customer service to see if I can just buy (not asking for anything for free) a set of pads for the XL helmet (the pad set is not available as a product to buy directly from their site). This would allow me to have a helmet that fits and stick to their strange no-returns policy.

Anyway, I've now sent two emails, made a phone call (no answer, left a voicemail), and sent a message to their Instagram page over the past two weeks. No response from 100% in any form. Sure COVID is slowing stuff down, but this is pretty ridiculous. I'm currently sitting on a $400 helmet I can't use, need a helmet so I can ride my bike ASAP, and do not know whether I am going to be able make this helmet work with bigger pads. If they are going to stiff me on the helmet and not let me buy pads, I would at least like to know this so that I can start looking for another helmet and try to sell this one or something...

Has anyone been able to get in touch with 100% customer service lately?

TL;DR - I bought an expensive helmet from 100% that doesn't fit, they are not accepting returns or responding to any communication about trying to figure out the situation without having to return the helmet.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update again: So it turns out they actually only sent me new cheek pads. The helmet is still way too small because all of the other pads are still original. I had suggested that I buy a full set of XL pads, knowing they would all need to be replaced. I have another inquiry in, hopefully they respond.

Bike park season is about to end, I have friends visiting from across the country wanting to ride this weekend, and this helmet situation has now taken over a month to sort out. I’m having a helmet from a different manufacturer overnighted so I can ride this weekend, hopefully I’m not stuck holding the bag over this no covid returns policy…

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.