Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lbs carries both, but the Specialized carbon EVO is not yet in stock (Aprilish). I have ridden the carbon Flash 3, but not off road. They don"t carry Scott so at this point that's out, although it's my favorite of the three. I'm getting a considerable discount on both. Lbs is even going to swap stock wheel set for Stan''s crest wheel set at no charge. I can't get that with the Scott dealer.

I do like the componets of the Specialized EVO (Sram carbon cranks, carbon bar, XO rear derailluer and 1x10 set up, which I'm currently running on my Scott Spark). Regarding the Flash, I like the feel of the frame (large), which I rode on cobble stone and felt very compliant compared to the aluminum version. I also liked the lefty. The componets are X9 and X7.

I'm having trouble finding reviews on theSpecialized. Has anyone ridden the Specialized? I'm not sure if I'm getting too wrapped up in the componets, but the Specialized seems to suit my needs. For some reason though, my gut says go with the Flash, don't really know why.

I live in Central Florida, weigh 175 and plan using it as my race bike. Also, the Specialized is $300 more than the Flash, but the componets seem to cover the difference.
Any imput or opinions would be great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Evo R

I have 3 rides on my XL Carbon EVO R and one of those rides was a race this past weekend. It climbs well and is very stiff. Descending is gong to take me some getting used to as the steep head angle and over the front position makes me pay more attention when compared to my previous ride. (Ventana El Comandante Single Speed) Not a criticism just an observation.
I immediately replaced the seat, seat post and rear cassette because I felt other than the wheels (stans wheels are on their way) and what I mentioned earlier the bike's spec was near perfect. Build weight with stock wheels set up tubeless is 22.5 lbs
I also got a deal and can say for the price the bike is hard to find anything comparable. IMHO

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in the same position, for me the Specialized seams like a no-brainer. Just trying to find out the cons on the EVO, if any. The Flash needs a lot of upgrading for my liking, while the EVO is just what I'm looking for componet wise. I'm just not sure on the frame. Thanks for the imput.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.