Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How’s the performance? Adequate or weak? I’m putting a 160mm Lyrik that I have on the front of the new incoming Expert and am curious if the shock performs decently? I’m used to my DVO Topaz T3 on my Focus and that shock is awesome.

So, I’m considering DPSX2, Rock Skox Super Deluxe, and another Topaz (if they make them) Looking around $500 either one. What would you choose and why?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I put an Ohlins TTX coil on my 18 Expert. I love that smooth, planted feeling a good coil shock can provide. As a recovering weight weenie this is the first bike I have had that I really look at performance over weight. Cause motor.

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put an Ohlins TTX coil on my 18 Expert. I love that smooth, planted feeling a good coil shock can provide. As a recovering weight weenie this is the first bike I have had that I really look at performance over weight. Cause motor.
Did the coil make it feel any less "poppy" I know the Levo isn't that poppy to begin with..! Ohlins nice product, I used to run their TTX cartridges in my MX bikes.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
There was night. And now there's day.

I found out the reason why they put the DPS and the Rockshox, undergunned in that crazy descending bike.... to fit a large water bottle.

I have a DHX2 now and it is insanely good. Normal water bottle rubs a little but I think I can lower the cage.

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Normal shock mounts are fine. That's a key difference between 19 levo and '18.
Cool man. I'm on the fence whether or not to drop the coin on a new shock. Mine comes with the Rock shox deluxe. Im not going coil, if i change maybe a dpx2 or T3. Tough choices. Id like to sell the old shock new, but may only bring $100!

·
Registered
475 Posts
‘17 Levo here. Have a DPX2 with a BikeYoke to convert it to a normal shock mount. I tend to experiment a lot with different parts so having a standard mount was key for me. I’ve been happy with the DPX2. I have a DHX2 coil on my Jeffsy 29 but the Levo isn’t a good match for a coil at my weight. The added adjustability of an air shock works well for me on the Levo.

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahhh, really. Wonder if my DHX2 in black is unique too.
Just scored a BN Black DPX2 from a stumpy take off! Pumped to give it a rip. I've bumped my Lyrik to 160. Bike incoming in 2 days, I'm like a 48yr old kid on Xmas eve!

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LYRIK RC2. They are both so damn good it just boils down to personal looks IMO. Hi/low speed compression-check, Coated stanchions-check. The airshafts and dampers are awesome today. I remember my old Manatou and thought that was badazz, crazy how everything changes. 8 years ago I ripped all the trails at Pisgah and DuPont on an S-works Epic! Now, I gotta have 150-160 travel, slack headtube, and monster knobs so I don’t pucker to hard! When did I lose my sack?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.